PDA

View Full Version : Coagulation disorders

wite_k
19th Jan 2011, 21:27
Hi,
Does any coagulation disorder disqualify from obtaining medical class one? Which? I know that haemophilia does, but any other too?

AvMed.IN
21st Jan 2011, 07:16
Definitely severe and moderate cases of Haemophilia are disqualifying but mild case may be considered for fitness in absence of any significant history of bleeding disorders.
Mild cases of von Willebrands disease too are compatible with flying fitness.

wite_k
21st Jan 2011, 09:11
Thank you. I know if especially congenital factor Vii deficiency disqualifies. I admit that I havent had any spontanous bleeding episodes and havent undergone any surgical procedures and post-operative bleedings.
I have contacted CAA at Gatwick and they asked me for an opinion of my doctor and he assumed that there isnt any contraindications, after that they asked for an opinion his haematologist in Oxford- Professor Giangrande. He assumed that I'm fit for class one. Now I'm waiting for the decision of doctor at Gatwick and I'm still nervous cuz i dont kniw sure if i'm fit for class one.
How do you see my case?

wite_k
21st Jan 2011, 09:33
*I want know if...

AvMed.IN
22nd Jan 2011, 12:06
I suppose if everything is fine, you shall have your class I, though till you see it in black and white, the anxiety shall weigh heavy...
wish you the best!