PDA

View Full Version : OK, who's responsible?

dudduddud
19th Jan 2011, 02:53
Another family pelted with poo

By Vaimoana Tapaleao

Wednesday January 19, 2011

Another family say they too have had their property splattered by what they believe is human excrement dropped from a plane.

John Thompson contacted the Herald after reading about the Burns family in Karaka, who were hit twice by excrement they suspected came from an aeroplane.

The Burns had the substance ESR-tested the second time and the results revealed that it was, in fact, human waste.

Mr Thompson, his wife Darrell and their three sons have had to clean up the mess three times in the past three years. The family refer to the hits - which have happened once each year since 2008 - as "**** bombs".

"The first one was the worst," Mr Thompson said. "The south side of our house was completely and utterly caked. You can tell it's come from a high point because of the splatter ... it was well-splattered."

In the second incident, in 2009, the east side of the house was splattered and last year a small part of the home was covered, as well as the driveway and one of the family's vehicles. Each incident happened during the night and when no one was outside.

Like the Burns, Mr Thompson said they contacted the Civil Aviation Authority, but were told to prove that it had come from a plane.

He did not pursue the matter as, like the Burns, he felt as if he was being fobbed off by authorities.

Asked whether it could have been avian excrement, Mr Thompson said that that would be hard to believe, given the strong smell of human waste.

The Civil Aviation Authority yesterday said that it had received about 30 complaints of similar happenings in 2003, but had no record of Mr Thompson's call.

The authority's inquiries with the Department of Conservation had, however, found that they were all attributed to ducks in the area.

Spokeswoman Emma Peel said yesterday that the authority did not question the results of the ESR tests taken from Mr Burns' property, but maintained that it could not have come from a plane as there were no aircraft flying in the area at the time.

She said that aircraft did not have a "casual release latch" that could easily be removed in mid-air.

"There are latches and valves going from the toilet to a main holding tank to more valves and another latch. It's not something easily emptied."
By Vaimoana Tapaleao

Ex FSO GRIFFO
19th Jan 2011, 03:02
OK Guys,

Do ANY acft 'dump' in flight..??

I can understand an International flight out over the 'ocean blue' adding a little more 'bloo'...
And I am aware that domestics empty the tanks at destinations which have the 'honey cart' facility....
(In Broome for example, the honey cart sewer is directly under the 'CAGRO' tower like building... - air con 'ON'.... )

Cheers:ok:

Fris B. Fairing
19th Jan 2011, 03:19
Spokeswoman Emma Peel

Thinks, Bentleys, umbrellas, bowler hats. and the lovely Ms Rigg.

an3_bolt
19th Jan 2011, 03:34
Do ANY acft 'dump' in flight..??

The number of times I have been head to head (courtesy of GPS) on the airways with another aircraft 1000' below .......I have looked for that big red lever so many times.......I just want to see the expression as Mrs Americas 4 pounder hits the cockpit window at closing speed of 1000kts and the assorted toilet paper with it...."holy ****e Batman"...I have often wondered if the wipers will stay on at M0.85?

If my plane had a dump lever (big red one please......) Canberra would be covered in it......:E

God damn it you engineers - give me a damn dump handle!!!:mad:

Lodown
19th Jan 2011, 04:27
Is this guy thick? If it's human waste, I would bet my last dollar that an acquaintance of one or more of his three sons has something to do with it. He should be looking into his sons' activities.

Cactusjack
19th Jan 2011, 08:11
Sounds like the 'country folk' were involved in some barnyard activities that ended up turning parlous ???

Tidbinbilla
19th Jan 2011, 08:21
I think they should ask their neighbours.... The Hatfields. Or was that the McCoys? :}

The Chaser
19th Jan 2011, 08:50
pppppfffffffffffffffffffffff :E

Must admit, that was my first thought ...

... the good ol boys, a bottle a bootleg .... the ol Gas gun from beyond yonda barn :}

PA39
19th Jan 2011, 09:51
Ahh it would've been dumped by some "smart arse" !! ;)

PPRuNeUser0163
19th Jan 2011, 10:38
This certainly gives new definition to the well practised art of 'meat bombing' :ok:

VH-XXX
19th Jan 2011, 11:55
I was just thinking about that movie with Joe Dirt(e) carrying around his "Boeing bomb" which he thought was a meteorite. I then digressed to recall his t-shirt which said "I choked Linda Lovelace." :=

Jack Ranga
19th Jan 2011, 22:09
Wouldn't a turd dropped from 30,000ft be a fine mist by the time it hit a house? Unless there were some serious fibre issues from the individual(s) dropping said turds into to dunny.

Dangnammit
19th Jan 2011, 22:16
Wouldn't it be snap frozen at that height?
Keeps it fresh

troppo
19th Jan 2011, 22:40
Nzherald reporting another incident. Aucklander's are full of **** anyway.

Anyway back to Joe Dirt, if she was hot and you didn't now she was your sister, would ya? Tasmanian's excluded cos we know that even if she is your sister and she's butt ugly...

Checkboard
19th Jan 2011, 22:55
The aircraft toilet sinks drain to the outside - perhaps someone has been going in the sink? :confused::yuk:

It would be easy to prove if it's aircraft waste, as aircraft waste is mixed with a blue (artificially coloured) toilet deodoriser/disinfectant chemical.

propblast
19th Jan 2011, 23:29
Isn't it meant to be good luck??

Jack Ranga
20th Jan 2011, 00:41
Nah, that's bird sh!t isn't it? I don't think being shat on by a human is good luck?

dghob
20th Jan 2011, 01:58
Might have been the blue bird of happiness.

GANNET FAN
20th Jan 2011, 08:56
I then digressed to recall his t-shirt which said "I choked Linda Lovelace."

VH-XXX you missed out a bit

I choked Linda Lovelace, from the bottom not the top!

Big man

gobbledock
20th Jan 2011, 09:14
Joe Dirt,

" So you're gonna tell me that you don't have no black cats, no roman candles or screamin mimis? Oh come on man, you don't got no lady fingers, buzz buddles, sneaker bombs, church burners, finger blasters, gut busters, zippity doo das or crap flappers? You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker dos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser? (http://www.toomanyquotes.com/movie_quotes/so-you-re-gonna-tell-me-that-you-don-t-have-no-black-cats-no-roman-candles-or-screamin-mimis-oh-come-on-man-you-don-t-got-no-lady-fingers-buzz-buddles)