PDA

View Full Version : Money for Nothin'?

GenAv
11th Jun 2001, 09:50
What's the go with airline 'pilots' being paid so much money? I mean what do they REALLY do? Why do they wear wings when they should be wearing gold computers instead? A pilot's a pilot, whether in command of a Cessna 150 or a 747-400. The differences begin when we look at what the crew/s have to use. The C150 pilot is single pilot IFR, with a fixed card ADF only (if they're lucky) whereas the 747 Captain is in a multi crew environment with every nav system possible and an autopilot to fly the thing! they also have trolly dollies to service the pilots....where the GA pilot has a 44 gal drum sitting next to him full of super next to him.who is earning their money?

JB007
11th Jun 2001, 11:23
http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gifWell this should be fun...
Ready..Aim..Fire..

------------------
Regards JB007!
[email protected]
Flight Ops,Crewing and Dispatch Moderator

Captain Noodle
11th Jun 2001, 11:45
Cannon fodder.........

dv8
11th Jun 2001, 12:36
GenAv's
Interests: Shooting, Country music, Chicks, Smuggling, Defying CASA and Military Ignorama

care to explain smuggling ?

----------
dv8 http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/cool6.gif

DownIn3Green
11th Jun 2001, 15:06
This must be a wind-up.

Don't know what Capt N is laughing about, though. He apparently doesn't know what a low voltage light on a C-172 means.

I'll bet every 747 Capt knows what electrical fault warnings on their a/c mean.

Jetdriver
12th Jun 2001, 02:40
Although this purports to be a "question" to professional pilots, it is couched in a very thin veneer.

I will let it ride for now, but jetblast is only a click away !

Frozen Falcon
12th Jun 2001, 16:52
GenAv

Did you ever fly jet aircraft? You most probably never will with this kind of attitude.

Just stay out of my sky!

The Frozen Falcon

FlapsOne
14th Jun 2001, 16:15
"A trolley dolly to service the pilots....."

I WISH !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kaptin M
14th Jun 2001, 16:27
Gen Av, not quite out of the "pilot-bashing...management advisory" capacity, yet!

At least pilots recognise each other for WHAT we are, and what it took to get there....

...now F#*k OFF!!!