PDA

View Full Version : Chasing the dream!

kiwiflyingfan
17th Jan 2011, 01:15
Where do i go guys?
I am a fresh CPL IFR Single engine rated pilot just finished my training in New Zealand.
I will travel anywhere live anywhere and fly anything with wings, i am a NZ Licenced Aircraft Engineer with a rating on the Beech 1900C and 1900D.
I was thinking NZ based skydive or survey operators, would be willing also to travel anywhere in the southern hemisphere for that first job and the chance of breaking the 500hr mark.

Any tips advice or stories would be awesome

717tech
17th Jan 2011, 07:58
Hi Kiwi. I would suggest that you upgrade to a Multi engine instrument rating. A SE intrument rating isnt very useful unless you get a gig on a PC12 or C208!

Blueskymine
17th Jan 2011, 08:10
The problem you will have is being hired as a Pilot and then being used on the tools at entry Pilot wages.

Make it a condition of your employment that you are not there to work as an engineer, just a Pilot.

I'd assume with your quals you will not find it hard to get work.

MD_Attitude
17th Jan 2011, 09:45
go to west wing aviation website and apply for the Job.

you never know your luck

Cheers

tinpis
17th Jan 2011, 10:24
Any tips advice or stories would be awesome

Have you tried? http://www.pprune.org/african-aviation/438554-maun-season-2010-2011-a.html

fasterblaster
18th Jan 2011, 23:00
Follow your brothers and move over to the Western Island (aka Oz). Check out coastal towns of WA north of Perth. Most towns have a scenic or charter operator. Broome and Kunners are hot spots. Keep going all the way to Darwin.

Good lock

The Green Goblin
18th Jan 2011, 23:28
Chasing the dream!

Those sheep are frusky little buggers aren't they! Don't worry, if you run fast enough, you may just catch it!

go to west wing aviation website and apply for the Job.

you never know your luck

Cheers

Dreaming with a green CPL (and a Kiwi one at that!).

Follow your brothers and move over to the Western Island (aka Oz)

Over here on the mainland, the bros become mates. After a couple of years of getting heaps of stick, they turn into pretty good guys (once they learn how to shout someone a beer without pissing off when it's their round!).

(aka Oz)

Only Kiwis call it and spell it Oz, you will quickly learn we spell it Aus :)

One piece of advice, do not put NZ CPL on your resume! And don't talk about how good it is in NZ, how much prettier it is, how your regs are so much better (in all fairness ours are pretty ordinary) bla bla bla. If NZ was so much better, you wouldn't be here!

Broome and Kunners

Good advice, Broome is casual wages, very expensive to live in although you will get more variety in your flying with 50/50 charter and scenic.

Kununurra is my personal preference, although it's 95/05 scenic/charter initially, at least it's full time wages.

Darwin is out of your league until you have closer hours to the tonne.

GG