PDA

View Full Version : Watering Holes

Jimbodawg
16th Jan 2011, 14:16
Hi,

I have an interview with EK coming up soon. It'll be my first time to DXB and will be there for almost a week. I would love to meet some Emirates pilots and talk about why I should stay far, far, away!

Are there any bars or hangouts where EK pilots frequent?

Thanks.

RWEDAREYET
16th Jan 2011, 14:31
Can't say where the EK pilots hang out...but if your staying near the airport....the Irish Village is a good spot for a couple of drinks...see your from CLT...if your USAIR...PM me

sheikmyarse
16th Jan 2011, 16:11
My friend do your self a favour and postpone your interview to the end of May... may be earlier just to have a more realistic picture.
You will then water a lot...
Still I strongly suggest the Hyatt Regency Hotel ....

GoreTex
16th Jan 2011, 18:25
jim,
btw the upgrade will take longer than 3 years maybe even 8, so please dont bitch about it in a few years from now.
thanks

Left Coaster
16th Jan 2011, 22:45
If you are talking already about staying "far, far, away." Why come at all? Serious waste of everyone's time...recruitment will see right through you...and hence you waste their time, not to mention yours as well! :=

411A
16th Jan 2011, 22:57
Of course, Jimbodawg very well could be angling for a DEC position, and thereby bypass all the misery directed toward complaining First Officers...:}

halas
17th Jan 2011, 02:55
OF course, you could be very wrong, as usual.

"Longs Bar" mate. Can't go wrong finding EK personnel there. Unfortunately that may include management.

If your after tarts, then "Zinc" is your calling. If you are too ugly, then give the "Rattle Snake" a try. The girls are "berry priendly" there.
If you are not fussy at all, then the "York International" is your venue!

halas (who stays at home)

Dubaian
17th Jan 2011, 07:14
Still I strongly suggest the Hyatt Regency Hotel ....Now the bar there (Carpenters) is pretty dreary - but the Premiere Night Club next door is something else. Not so much for drinkies (no draught beer) but for the 'company'.
Loads of working girls - but not for EK :rolleyes: