PDA

View Full Version : Staff travel and upgrades on other airlines

swalesboy
15th Jan 2011, 21:06
I work for BA and I am hoping to travel on AA next week. The economy section looks full but First has seats available.

Does anybody know if American Airlines upgrade non American Airlines staff and what attire is required. Info about other US airlines upgrade policy would be handy to.

chrystall
15th Jan 2011, 21:28
hi - good luck with that. we did get upgraded to first when coach was full but that was from las-ewr. not sure what their policy is on transatlantics?:O

swalesboy
15th Jan 2011, 21:59
Thanks for the info. I should have mentioned I was flying internally in the US. Do you know if shirt and tie are the minimum requirement or smart casual is polo shirt and trousers.

BlueTui
15th Jan 2011, 22:18
I've travelled extensively with AA, They tend to look after crew far better than their european counterparts I have only once had to sit in Y and I barely walked off. :ok:

DutchBird-757
15th Jan 2011, 22:28
I work for BA as well and had my folks (smart casual clothing) on my stafftravel (without me) with AA from LAX to Honolulu and they got upgraded on both legs and very well looked after by a really nice crew. :ok:

chrystall
16th Jan 2011, 07:33
hi no - we were all dressed "smart casual" think days of collar and tie are receding for staff travel - although long time ago when in hawaii, they insisted I put tights on when it was 100 degrees and my legs were totally suntanned - was major hot till we got airborne.

good luck and echoing the other poster, I have always felt american carriers to be very sympathetic to staff travellers and have always been treated very well.

lexxity
16th Jan 2011, 11:56
You should be fine, AA look after staff really well. We been variously put on over revenue with the doors closed behind us, once missed our flight from FLL-LAX and we're rerouted via DFW rather than a six hour wait (without asking, the bags missed but AA delivered them to us! :eek: Taken care of after TSA holding up meant we missed.

AA are fab. :ok: