PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Cook - Left purse in seat pocket

Maddie
15th Jan 2011, 14:27
Hi

I don't know if anybody can help me but here goes anyway:-

Last Saturday, 8th Jan I flew from Gatwick to Fuerteventura.

Stupidly, I left my purse in the seat pocket (was at front of plane so bag was up in over-head locker.) I've been back to FUE airport 3 times and have telephoned Lost Luggage at Gatwick several times but nothing has been handed in. (This apparently is where left behind items found on Thomas Cook planes in-bound to Gatwick are held.)

I've tried to get an e-mail address or telephone number to speak to Thomas Cook directly but with no joy.

Yep, I've cancelled my cards but my driving licence and other important items were in the purse as well.

I would love to know if the purse is not found for a few days will any cross-check be done to see where my originating airport was? There are loads of cards in the purse with my name on it and my driver's licence has got my address on it obviously. Or will the purse be destroyed/thrown away.

Thanks in advance for any advice/help.

Maddie

Hotel Tango
15th Jan 2011, 16:02
I'm afraid there's a good possibility that a cleaner (if they use them) at FUE may have found it, or even more likely, that the passenger in your seat on the return sector found it. The rest is subject to their honesty. I once lost a wallet on board a flight. It was found and handed in - minus the cash. I'd cancelled my cc by then of course.

frontcheck
15th Jan 2011, 16:22
Do the crew not make security checks on turnaround to ensure no "items" are left onboard?

agent x
15th Jan 2011, 18:26
Yes they do. This of course im sure you know yourself 'frontcheck' :p

TopBunk
15th Jan 2011, 18:57
I once lost a wallet on board a flight. It was found and handed in - minus the cash. I'd cancelled my cc by then of course.

You can't say that it was handed in - minus the cash.

All you can say is that when you got it back the cash was missing - you don't now when it went missing - ie who was responsible.[/pedant mode off]

TopBunk
15th Jan 2011, 18:59
Yes they do. This of course im sure you know yourself 'frontcheck'

and agent x, you know that those checks are always done with 100% accuracy:rolleyes:

Dropline
15th Jan 2011, 19:30
Crew do their checks once the passengers and cleaners are off the aircraft, prior to boarding the next lot of passengers. Your purse could easily have been taken before the crew did their checks. If the crew had found it, they probably would have handed it to groundstaff in FUE rather than bring it back to LGW, especially if they could tell it belonged to someone who had just disembarked.
IF they missed it during turnaround in FUE, and it was found when the aircraft got back to LGW, it would have been given to groundstaff there.

Maddie
17th Jan 2011, 14:46
Thank you everybody for your replies. All I can do now is wait until I get back to Gatwick and hope it turns up there.