PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways-Etihad Airways

Charalambos
14th Jan 2011, 15:48
Which one is best for a new F/O applying for A320?

Salary,benefits,roster,style,command time.

tcas II
14th Jan 2011, 19:22
Same shxt with different name:ok:

stansdead
14th Jan 2011, 19:24
Or, perhaps, different name, same sh$t?

Fly4Fun
14th Jan 2011, 22:28
Or maybe different half name, same thing :E

A31921
15th Jan 2011, 02:52
yes.. same same but diferent.... hey an advice don't go there,now a lot of new of jobs are coming.... think wise think twice..

cheers

samjetblaster
15th Jan 2011, 03:27
Same ****,different colours.:=

Luke SkyToddler
15th Jan 2011, 06:57
... there are dozens and dozens of ex QR guys who've jumped ship to EY, and hundreds more who have applied.

I am not aware of a single one from EY that's gone the other way

Go figure :hmm:

Wizofoz
15th Jan 2011, 07:33
I don't know about QA v EY, but Doha Vs Abu Dhabi? No contest, go to EY.

loc22550
15th Jan 2011, 07:54
Charal.:QR or EY..?
-I think for the long term EY offers slightly better condition, and eventhough Abu Dhabi might be a little bit more expensive to live (compared to Doha..), still IMHO A.D. is a better place to live.
-A-320 Roster :no big difference i think same sh:mad:t on both side.
-Mentality and atmosphere: Go to EY.

sheikmyarse
15th Jan 2011, 08:18
Do your self, your family, your country, your self respect, your western colleague a favor and just
stay away from Middle East
The plans of conquest of Middle Eastern Airlines will suffer a reality check soon.
Jobs are coming just wait.Don't give up your rights!!!

Charalambos
15th Jan 2011, 09:23
loc22550: thanks for you reply :)

To all those with negative feedback:why so negative for middle east and QR-EY.is it because you don't want to work their, or don't have the right qualifications for the job, or is it because you actually have worked there and you know the situation from the inside look?

thank you

cayenne
15th Jan 2011, 09:35
Charalambkfkekjeo, you have been warned. If you are still brave enough to want to come here, go to Emirates. And yes, there have been pilots who have left EY to go to QR, what does that say?

74world
15th Jan 2011, 10:28
It's very interesting to read that the negative comments are always coming from the same guys....if the Middle East is that bad why not leave? can't get a job anywhere else? or the conditions are not to bad after all?
Going "home" and earning less will ALWAYS the best option instead of living a miserable life.
Terms and conditions for the airlines in the Middle East are well know and public knowledge these days, so if that's so bad, don't apply !

loc22550
15th Jan 2011, 11:58
Cayenne..are you talking about the EY 320 pilots who left EY for QR because QR hired them to fly the ..A-330 Straight!!??!:E:
Just curious...

planecrazi
15th Jan 2011, 13:45
I think they left A320 to fly B777 in QR, or so the rumor was when they departed.

noise of freedom
15th Jan 2011, 17:19
well well well....

that's a big and important decision...it's up to you in Qr you will be treated respectfully,from all the staff,especially the indians that will do their best to help you out with your roster.The job,the night sectors and the bad destinations will be equally flow....

The upgrade interview will be based on seniority,nobody will ever ask you things like ....why is the sky blue.

The captain you will fly with will always be professionally prepared and will never ever ever happen to fly with some indians sitting on the left hand seat that never flew as captains...

and more over the atmosphere in the company is absolutely great everyone loves it trying to be proactive.

well...now wake up and imagine all this reversed by 180 degrees...that's QR.

and unfortunately I am very serious...

Why I am here...???Trying to get a job back home.to keep my dignity at least.

NOF

Jumbito
15th Jan 2011, 20:57
Noise of freedom you made me laugh, good one! :D

flyzede
15th Jan 2011, 22:09
This looks like a stand up comedy contest...
Please...
I live in Europe, I work in an European airline... And because of all this economical crisis I'm getting a 5% cut on my salary! Appart from the 40% that every month is taken by the government in taxes... The V.A.T. now is 23%... Could you please understand that most of the countries in Europe nowadays aren't the same comparing to 5 years ago? :rolleyes:
I guess that most of the people complaining don't know how really things are running now in Europe... I can only understand your wish to return to Europe if your pockets are already full of money... earned in the Middle East! :D

Jumbito
15th Jan 2011, 22:33
flyzede

With all my respect, you have to come here and then give your opinion.

I flew before in Europe and I was making 2000 euros less than here. After one year in the desert I wish I had my previous job and Im actually looking forward to comeback ASAP

Rgds

flyzede
15th Jan 2011, 22:59
Jumbito

I understand your point of view, and I know I need to have that Middle East experience so I can really know what we are all talking about.
But, you have to agree with me that Europe is no longer the same... and I'm not only talking about my country (Portugal)... The Irish got a huge cut, Spain is collapsing as well, some years ago two major airlines (Swissair and Sabena) closed without further notice... Europe is different now...
I know that things in the UK are better than here but even there things have changed.
I know I'm working in my home town, we have strong unions here, etc.
But imagine your self living in a country where things change rapidly... like, "next year you'll have a 5% cut on your gross salary, V.A.T. will increase to 23%, everything is getting more and more expensive (electricity, water, gas, etc.)" and you just have to say yes and pray for the next year to keep this V.A.T. instead of 25%...

Can you feel my pain? I'm really affraid of what is going to happen in Europe in the next decade... :rolleyes:
And I'm not going to talk about the U.S. where you wake up, turn on your TV and watch that your airline has merged with any other and hundreds of pilots are getting fired...

DZPILOT87
16th Jan 2011, 20:32
I recommend QR, I've been living in this country for the past 15 years. Qatar in one of the fastest growing and developing country in the world and the same for the company. They've achieved many thing, increased their fleet in less than 20 years of operation. Don't forget that Qatar is very safe, So if you're looking for a safe side, Good money, relaxed life go for QR.I don't know the staff yet but i've met lot of them and for me they're just perfect. More than 80 nationalities currently employed with QR.. In my opinion don't listen to people's rumor and go for it ..

Good Luck :)