PDA

View Full Version : Avalon Airshow Shuttles

pmjttrm
14th Jan 2011, 00:04
I am on my way down from QLD and was hoping to find a shuttle service from South East Melbourne, where I'm staying, to the air show for myself and maybe a couple of others. Either Sat or Sun.

Does anyone know of anyone doing this?

airspace alpha
14th Jan 2011, 00:38
Royal Victorian Aero Club (03 9580 0088). For club members but call and see if they will allow others on:

By coach:

Avalon Air Show Transportation – 5 & 6 March 2011

The Avalon Airshow is on again, March 2011. The Club has arranged coach transportation for all club members who would like to attend but are keen to avoid the drive and parking issues that tend to come with such a popular event.

Details as follows:

Date: Saturday 5 March 2011
· Departure Time to Airshow: 7.30am
· Departure Location: Royal Victorian Aero Club
· Return Time to Melbourne: 4.30pm
· Departure Location: Avalon Airfield – exact location to meet the coach will be advised
· Cost: $20 per person, return

Date: Sunday 6 March 2011
· Departure Time to Airshow: 7.30am
· Departure Location: Royal Victorian Aero Club
· Return Time to Melbourne: 4.30pm
· Departure Location: Avalon Airfield – exact location to meet the coach will be advised
· Cost $20 per person, return

Or by plane:

]Transfers to Avalon – Avoid the Traffic Fly to Avalon

Charter flights will be operating to and from the Avalon Airshow for those who wish to avoid the traffic!

Dates
· Saturday 5 March 2011
· Sunday 6 March 2011

Operating Hours
· 7.00am – 9.30am (every half hour to Avalon)
· 4.00pm – 6.30pm (every half hour to Moorabbin Airport)
Cost $165 per person return

Wanderin_dave
14th Jan 2011, 02:30
Tooradin definitely doing shuttles. As would everyone with an AOC I imagine.

VH-XXX
14th Jan 2011, 03:25
Yeah Dave, I heard that Tooradin is running them too; am yet to see the pricing but it should be decent. They are at AusAirServices.com.au these days. I don't quite agree with the 60 mins from the CBD on the website, maybe that is peak hour.

So pmjttrm depending on where you are in the South East of Melbourne, Tooradin might not be that far away for you.

pmjttrm
14th Jan 2011, 03:46
prob closer to Moorabbin airport, thanks

VH-XXX
14th Jan 2011, 04:13
If you are only 3 as your profile suggests, you might need an adult to supervise you ;)

ryanboxer
14th Jan 2011, 05:22
anyone doing flights ex Essendon?

Wanderin_dave
14th Jan 2011, 05:26
Shortstop might do a run in the DC-3 from Essendon. Otherwise I imagine giving any of the flying schools (or do they prefer Colleges?) a call will bring joy.

Stompontheball
16th Jan 2011, 06:56
Vortex Air are running shuttles for every day of the airshow including trade days. $195.00 return per person in their Chieftains. Includes brekky in their passenger lounge.

FoxtrotAlpha18
17th Jan 2011, 01:08
The other option is to catch the express trains from Southern Cross Stn to Lara and get the public shuttle over to the show site...not too tiresome if you're only doing it once or twice.