PDA

View Full Version : Spanish Class 1 Psicotecnical test

Alin83
13th Jan 2011, 18:21
Hello everyboby,

I would like to know if anyone of you had passed the class 1 medical in Spain.

I have a british class 1 and the examination seems different here in Spain.

In the UK it was a 3 hours medical test, spanish medical is a whole day of tests and includes a psicotechnical one, which I assume it's something like an aptitude test. I would like to have some more info about this test please as Spanish is not my first language and if I don't pass the medical I can say goodbye to my dream here in Spain.

Any info is highly appreciated
Regards
A

LH2
13th Jan 2011, 18:46
Initial or renewal? If the former, I have no idea, if the latter, it's the same as in the UK only cheaper.

Not sure what you mean by a "psychotechnical" test, but if it's anything like a reasoning test, there are none on the renewal--I vaguely seem to remember a conversation years ago to the effect that there used to be something like this in the initial but it was eventually dropped, but this is old second hand info.

If you mean psychological or psychiatric screening/monitoring, those will occur in the event of a loss of medical for a relevant cause, e.g., drugs or alcohol addictions or depression.

Alin83
13th Jan 2011, 19:04
Is the initial one because the FTO has told me that my british class 1 is not any good here.

I know that there is a psychotechnical test as it is written on an information sheet that the FTO has given me today. So unfortunately they haven't dropped it
:confused:

I read on some older thread that is a kind of logic and spacial awareness test. I just want to be fully prepared as is if I don't pass the test I can forget about my dream of becoming a pilot in Spain...

LH2
13th Jan 2011, 21:21
Is the initial one because the FTO has told me that my british class 1 is not any good here.

To the best of my knowledge, your FTO are misinformed. Ask them to provide you with a specific reference in the regulations which backs their claims. You can also do the research yourself in about 15 minutes online if you can read any Spanish at all.

I know that there is a psychotechnical test as it is written on an information sheet that the FTO has given me today. So unfortunately they haven't dropped it

It can also be that their info sheet hasn't been updated since Methuselah first wrote it in his youth. Known to happen.

I read on some older thread that is a kind of logic and spacial awareness test. I just want to be fully prepared as is if I don't pass the test I can forget about my dream of becoming a pilot in Spain...

Unless you have undergone a double lobotomy recently I wouldn't worry about it anyway--as far as being a pilot is concerned, pretty much all you need in terms of spatial awareness is to know which way is up. I get that right about 50% of the time.

The test, if any, is probably one of the standard ones you used to get on some job interviews until most companies realised it was a waste of time. There are books you can buy with specimen tests, and they're probably all over the net as well.

Anyhow, if you already have a current JAR-FCL3 medical, that's all you need and it doesn't matter which country it comes from. As a last resource, and assuming you can't or don't want to switch to a more clued-up FTO, just book yourself a renewal medical with a Spanish AME. It'll cost you €180.-, takes about an hour, and for certain doesn't involve anything like you describe (I've done my renewal in Spain a few weeks ago). A renewal is all you need anyway, since you already hold a valid certificate--also, the FTO has no way to tell it apart from an initial.

Out of interest, would you be able to share with us the name of that FTO?