PDA

View Full Version : Chopperline - Caloundra, Qld

snnbne
12th Jan 2011, 08:04
Has anyone any experience with this Flight Training School - instructors, delivery of CPL (H) course etc?

Are they the types to 'add' on fees once they've 'got you'??

With the people that have completed their CPL (H) with Chopperline, what were you charged in TOTAL (that is, including CASA exams, theory, textbooks, maps, charts, headsets etc.)?

Many thanks in advance for any insight into the above questions. :ok:

pohm1
12th Jan 2011, 08:54
You'll probably get a better response on the Rotorheads forum. I've heard plenty of good things about Chopperline, but I haven't used them myself.

P1

snnbne
12th Jan 2011, 09:26
Cheers. Will check it out :ok:

MakeItHappenCaptain
12th Jan 2011, 13:59
Tub Matheson is without doubt one of the most qualified, experienced and respected Heli pilots in Australia. :ok:

tail wheel
12th Jan 2011, 20:51
Tub Matheson is without doubt one of the most qualified, experienced and respected Heli pilots in Australia.

And I may add, a very genuine and honest guy and a very experienced instructor. Instead of asking here, why not call Chopperline, ask for Tub and tell him Tail Wheel sent you!

If the rules havn't changed, you should watch out for their test fees. A pass used to require a carton of coldies for the school fridge!! :}

snnbne
14th Jan 2011, 07:57
Appreciate the opinions. Makes it easier in choosing a school to get the feedback.

I will call them, however on here I'd more likely to get an unbiased opinion of Chopperline if I were to call them up directly and ask them my above questions they'd be all up on how great they were!! ;)

tail wheel
14th Jan 2011, 08:32
"....however on here I'd more likely to get an unbiased opinion ...."

You jest of course? I take it that was a tongue-in-cheek comment? :confused:

We normally bin all flying school threads because the responses given rarely reflect the true situation within a flying school.

I am aware of one flying training establishment that had 32 registered PPRuNe user names to promote their own establishment whilst denigrating every competitor's establishment.

".....they'd be all up on how great they were!!"

I think others on here will confirm that is not Tub Matheson. Indeed, you will probably never hear all that man has done and achieved. If you want to know what is wrong with Chopperline, ask Tub. He's very likely to tell you! :E

Flying Binghi
14th Jan 2011, 09:21
They still got them Hilliers at Chopperline ? I'm told they make an excellent crab pot checking platform..:)

mcgrath50
14th Jan 2011, 09:21
I noticed there fixed wing fleet contains almost all of the 'legendary' GA aircraft under charter/scenic but I cant find anything on the webpage selling flights in the fixed wings (bar training). Do they use them? If so what for? Are they just flown by the instructors listed or do they have other pilots.

It seems like an interesting business model the first GA 'Myer Group'? :}

ReverseFlight
14th Jan 2011, 12:40
A pass used to require a carton of coldies for the school fridge!!

Ditto at PHS ... looks like an industry practice for the student to fund. :E

MakeItHappenCaptain
14th Jan 2011, 12:54
Ah- the od "Firsts & F:mad:ck Ups" rule.