PDA

View Full Version : Response to mods...

yoos2
10th Jan 2011, 05:11
"Thank you" to the moderator(s) of this excellent site. :D I have come on several times to find a reminder that I have not yet posted. The most significant reasons for not posting, 1) I am here to learn and; 2) I have nothing of real value to contribute.

I have exciting memories of the DEW line construction years when hauling freight meant roaring across the ice (generally into the wind) to get the two P&W Wasp Juniors to nurture us from ground to air. It seems so totally ridiculous now that I am embarassed to mention the "plywood bomber" in the same breath as "flying".
Thanks for a wonderful site, and, though I'm now 77, there is sooooooo much to learn. Thank you for the encouragement,

Gear- side down,

yoos2

overun
10th Jan 2011, 07:17
Any chance of sharing those memories please ?

India Four Two
10th Jan 2011, 11:36
yoos2,

You've done it now - stuck your head above the parapet! Do tell us about your DEW line experiences.

I once spent two weeks camped at the delightful Shingle Point sea-side resort. ;)
It was funny how the guys there wouldn't talk to us very much, but they always knew when we were coming home in our B206.

Lightning Mate
10th Jan 2011, 15:47
yoos2,

Please join us on Silhouette Challenge. :)

PPRuNe Pop
10th Jan 2011, 18:48
yoos2,

A warm welcome. Your comments are most kind, thank you. As you can see we would be more than interested to hear your thoughts about DEW. It is just such thoughts that start a very interesting thread at times so please go ahead.

Don't forget - that a plywood and balsa bomber made history over here where Mark after Mark was built because it had so much potential for development. I am speaking about the Mosquito of course.

PPP

norwich
10th Jan 2011, 21:47
YOOS2. Welcome to the forum ! I would like to hear of your experiences of aviation involved in the construction of the DEW line, especialy your views on the involvement of the Avro York, which is an aircraft I particuarly like ! but any of your, somewhat unique, experiences would be most welcome to an eager audience !

Keith.

overun
2nd Feb 2011, 02:26
Anything you say is a bonus to us who know nothing.

Give it a go ! nothing to lose.

And sensible people are guarding. Go on be a devil !