PDA

View Full Version : Light Plane crash near Ingham

CaptainInsaneO
10th Jan 2011, 00:38
Pilot killed in light plane crash

By Josh Bavas
Updated 54 minutes ago

At least one person has been killed in a light plane crash in north Queensland.
Police say the plane came down in a cane field near Hawkins Creek at Ingham, shortly after 8:30am (AEST).
The CQ Rescue helicopter has been told to stand down as there were no survivors from the crash.
Authorities are yet to identify if there were any other passengers in the plane.

(from the ABC)
------------------------------------------------------------------
This is not good.
Does anybody know of the rego or aircraft type?

Widewoodenwingswork
10th Jan 2011, 00:57
It's with sincere regret that I advise of the passing of B.B., a respected and well known local aerial spraying owner. It was a Pitts Model 12 and unfortunately the pilots' brother-in-law was also on board. B's pregnant wife, S. has lost a brother and a soul mate today. The family appreciates all condolences and would appreciate only close family friends being in touch at this stage.

CB.

Super Cecil
10th Jan 2011, 05:24
Sorry to hear. Met B when he was working in the Riverina this year, his enthusiasm for flying and his machinery was strong even through a busy rust season. Very sorry to hear this news.

ozaggie
11th Jan 2011, 00:47
:(Too sad for words. Just doesnt seem fair sometimes. Love and thoughts to the Family. Thinking of you.

maxspeed
11th Jan 2011, 21:41
It is a true tragedy the very sad passing of Ben Blanch,not only for his expecting wife Jak and his family, but for the whole industry of aerial agriculture. In the 10 years I had the pleasure of knowing Ben the stand-out thing with him was his enthusiasm and passion he had for the job, and this could be noticed by the way he gave back so much of his time with being involved on the board of the A.A.A.A's by the way he run his very successful business, by the way his aircraft are always presented, by the quality of his spraying, by the way he took care of his customers. If every pilot in this industry can take a look at how Ben Blanch carried himself and can take something from that, then I know our Industry will remain in good shape