PDA

View Full Version : JAA PPL(A) Examiner please answer this...

Sean H
6th Jan 2011, 07:21
My SEP(L) has expired.
I have not flown in a long time !

I plan on doing my "Skill Test" with a CAA examiner in Feb 2011 to renew my SEP(L) rating.

The school I have contacted to do this told me I will need re-current training. They told me I should budget for 2-4 hours of training.

Can a JAA examiner please tell me what I need to practice in order to make sure I pass the SEP(L) renewal skill test. I would like to practice stuff at home on my flight simulator to prepare in advance.

Thank you

S-Works
6th Jan 2011, 09:09
A flight sim is a waste of time for renewing an SEP rating. Go to the CAA site and download the SRG1157 form that we use to record the flight test. That will show you the skills you will cover.

You won't be able to practice, steep turns, PFL's, EFATO's etc on a SIM.

I do a lot of skill tests for people with expired licences and ratings and generally find an hours brush up before the test is enough. I had one guy who had not flown for 12 years and only took a couple of hours. I also regularly get people who have not flown for a couple of years jump straight into the test and pass without problems.

You are young and unless you are a muppet should take little to get back up to speed.

Sean H
6th Jan 2011, 09:13
Thanks for your reply bose-x.

I will download SRG1157 and go through it.
:)

Whopity
6th Jan 2011, 18:22
I usually tell people to expect to have to do an hour for each year they have had off. It rather depends on how much experience they had before and their level of competence. I have had people who have been off for 5 years who made the grade straight away.

Couldn't agree more about the flight sim; no use whatsoever!