PDA

View Full Version : What happened to TCX703 jan 2nd?

BumBrownin
3rd Jan 2011, 20:24
my parents bought zed tickets to fly from MAN -SSH for the 2nd.It has been a full 24 hrs and all flight tracking webpages are saying the flight never landed.i have called thomas cook res but to no avail as they wont even give me the time of day, not even info for my parents or the flight itself.I have not heard from my parents in 24 hours which isnt normal because they havent even picked up their rental car.Im getting worried, as a cc I know we all talk, has anyone heard anything?

Capetonian
3rd Jan 2011, 20:31
If anything untoward had happened we would all know, so I think you can take some comfort there, however I would also be worried under the circumstances you've outlined.

The SSH airport site only gives today's flights, so that doesn't help, why don't you call the airport?
If calling from outside Egypt, please dial +20.69.360.1140.

Some flights don't show up on the trackers, as I discovered recently when trying to track a loved one on a LOT flight.

BumBrownin
3rd Jan 2011, 20:40
Thomas cook will give no info, I called they airport they said call the airline...its a run around maybe it diverted somewhere? Theflight trackers indeed have the flight on them but there is no arrival time.

Capetonian
3rd Jan 2011, 21:20
The only other suggestion I can make then is that you contact the hotel they were due to stay, or the car rental operator, express your concerns, and get them to enquire locally, which will probably produce a better result than you can get at your distance.

Please post the answer here when you get one, and don't worry too much!

BumBrownin
3rd Jan 2011, 21:36
Thanks for the suggestions I will update, im hoping its an egyptian customs issue.

gchangflyer
3rd Jan 2011, 21:37
Just a thought...could the flight number have changed? And as Capetonian said, the flight trackers don't have all the flights out there covered...a great number of flights and airlines are not shown.