PDA

View Full Version : Tailwheel aircraft (priv hire) in WA

WhoWasPhone
3rd Jan 2011, 07:25
Hey guys

I'm looking for private hire friendly owners of tailwheel aircraft around YPJT/YBUN/YBLN/YGEL and as far east as YPKG

preferably C170, C180... but... if one has another aircraft thats worth flying for tailwheel hours building then feel free to suggest one

PM's with useful info very much welcome

Cheers

WhoWasPhone

Ex FSO GRIFFO
3rd Jan 2011, 08:10
RACWA @ JT has the 'Last-Chippy-on-line-with-an-aero-club-in-OZ'.......

Reasonable rates I'm told.

Cheers:ok::ok:

MikeTangoEcho
3rd Jan 2011, 08:17
Think it's about $260hr.. not sure if thats w/ or w/o gst. Good fun the Chippy..

bbartley88
3rd Jan 2011, 09:12
Advanced Cockpit Flight Training has 2 Super Decathlons online and are located at YPJT.

Run at $225 Tacho an hour.

WhoWasPhone
4th Jan 2011, 07:21
yeah i'm doing my tailwheel endo there atm

only problem with those is the endurance, i'd have to needlessly hop, step and jump my way to anywhere significant and with gravel strips ruled out (company ops manual) it doesn't make for good experience =\

doing atleast 5-7 hrs in the 8KCAB afterwards so at the end its looking 10ish total exp (inc dual)

XX-ANY
4th Jan 2011, 23:24
I think you will need a few more hours under your belt before someone will lend you their 180 or 170 for that matter. :ok:

WhoWasPhone
5th Jan 2011, 01:20
would you know off the top of ur head how many are required??

Cheers =)

Case Sensitive
5th Jan 2011, 01:32
"only problem with those is the endurance, i'd have to needlessly hop, step and jump my way to anywhere significant and with gravel strips ruled out (company ops manual) it doesn't make for good experience =\"

So let me get this straight.....you want to get ten hours PiC on a tailwheel aircraft (guessing you're looking at a job with CALM) and you'd prefer to do it with the minimum number of takeoffs/landings?! Not very sporting are you?

You should find something with 10hrs endurance, then you'd only have to do one of each and your problem would be solved.

WhoWasPhone
5th Jan 2011, 02:13
i was just after a tailwheel aircraft with a little more than 3hrs endurance + reserves with an all metal body

Don't get me wrong CS... nothing is to say i wouldn't land at different airstrips on the way to the destination to chock up hours, its just that being precluded from landing on gravel/dirt strips due to the nature of the aircraft's construction (fabric) its rather limiting

Sorry if i led you to that misunderstanding xD

WhoWasPhone

185skywagon
5th Jan 2011, 03:47
IMHO, If it is experience you are looking for, 10 hours of T/o and Ldgs (especially gusty x-wind and tailwinds) would be of more benefit to you than a bit of x-country.
cheers,

Hasherucf
5th Jan 2011, 08:10
There is a Sportmans 2x2 on Jandakot field now , smart looking aircraft. Not sure who owns it or if its for hire but suits all your needs

XX-ANY
5th Jan 2011, 08:17
Could not agree more, get out there on those gusty days in the decathlon.

You did mention in a previous post that you would like to fly for DEC, the Decathalon would be the closest thing to the Scout used by DEC, so get out there and do some work at Manjimup and Bunbury both sealed strips.

If you were lucky enough and did get into DEC this is where you would be operating from, these strips can be a handful in cross winds for young players new to tailwheel especially in hot gusty conditions and unfortunately that is when the fire surveillance is usually increased due to the high fire danger.