PDA

View Full Version : Army Air Corps Pilots

KenL
31st Dec 2010, 13:01
Hi Guy's
My name is Kenneth Lamb Ex Army Air Corps - Sharjah-Minden-Middle Wallop
Trying to trace some of the pilots from the Army Air Corps. Would also be interested in Pilots that served in Sharjah 13flt renamed 668 Sqn 1969/70

Jake Jackson was Sqd leader in Sharjah
Alan Cameron, Minden

piggybank
31st Dec 2010, 13:11
Your best bet would be try www dot armyaviation dot co dot uk/ presuming you have not tried the Air Corps chat site already. I was at Sharjah at that time as tech librarian, no names ringing a bell.

KenL
31st Dec 2010, 13:27
Yes i'm also a member of the website....the better one these days is www.armyaviation.co.uk (http://www.armyaviation.co.uk) all Army Air Corps units, though 1969/70 the Air Corps wasn't official until 74. So it's history is missing for Sharjah.
I'm in contact with a techie from that time, he's in Australia.

I re-badged when the corps became official in 74, I have posted some pictures of Sharjah on the armyavaition website.
I'm in touch with a few pilots but Alan Cameron appears to be hard to find. Thanks anyway!

KenL
31st Dec 2010, 13:29
Thanks I am a member on the armyaviation.co.uk site. I see you are in Indonesia! I'm in Singapore these days. To probably know Tom Drake Germany and John Willey in Thailand. Thanks anyway.

piggybank
1st Jan 2011, 09:36
I haven't visited the Air Corps site in ages, all new names to me. I have been based in Indonesia since age 25. Now working in PNG maintaining an IFR 212, pay is OK out that way and you can work as long as your zimmer frame will get you around. Month on and month off, flown home SQ.

BobbyBolkow
1st Jan 2011, 15:34
:E

Hi KenL.

Not too sure if your Alan Cameron is the Al Cameron I knew? But if he spoke with a broad Scottish accent and enjoyed cheap meals at the cafe in Morrisons, then it probably is :ok:

Al Cameron was with Bond Helicopters (as was) and laterly with Bond Air Services, mostly working in Scotland which came in handy with his accent!
Worked with him setting up the North West Air Ambulance in Blackpool back in 99/00.He migrated back north after that and about a year later, I heard that he'd lost his medical ticket. Something about balance issues following a severe ear infection. Anyway, he retired from flying then. Unfortunately, I lost contact with him, but I think he stayed in Scotland.
(not much help this really - is it :ugh:)
You may like to try BAS and see if they've got a last address for him.

Got a funny feeling I did a tour in BATUS with Jake as Flt 2i/c, but ooooh......
the memory grows dim :{

Good luck in your quest young man. :D