PDA

View Full Version : Flight Case

Wally Mk2
29th Dec 2010, 07:06
Hi Guys/gals.

Just a quick question whom out there has/uses a leather flight case that's around 40cm long? Most seem to be about 45cm long vinyl & leather.My old one (45cm long) is about had it (like it's owner!) so am on the search for a smaller one, max 40cm in length. Wheeled would be nice (old age again) but I don't think I've ever seen a small case that's wheeled.

Over to the masses out there:)

Wk2

apache
29th Dec 2010, 07:51
i bought one from STRANDBAGS for about $90. it is wheeled, and has a collapsable handle. stows the laptop and some books as well as the fact that it opens via a flap on top. Not leather, but does an admirable job.

JulieFlyGal
29th Dec 2010, 08:10
Do some airlines provide this as a part of the pilot uniform? I seem to recall seeing flight attendants all carrying the same bags.

Wally Mk2
29th Dec 2010, 08:17
I've looked into what yr talking about there 'apache' but they are all around 45+ cm's long, too big for what I want. Am sure I've seen smaller ones some years ago but obviously there not that popular as a Google search has yielded zip!:-(
All the common garden variety bag stores only carry the cheap vinyl ones that are too big.
Still someone must have seen the smaller ones out there:)

Wmk2

Ex FSO GRIFFO
29th Dec 2010, 08:48
Drift ....Drift.....

You'll just hafta go VFR Wal,....a 'clipboard' would suffice....??

No..??

Sri bloke...HAPPY NEW ONE..!!

Wally Mk2
29th Dec 2010, 08:54
.........hey 'Grif' I only want the flight case to put my food in, am on a diet so I have not the need for a large case anymore:-)

VFR?.............sheeeez that's like too much hard yakka!:-) I don't like sky that I can see thru, I'd rather not see it comin' !:E

Happy new year to all :ok:

Wmk2

Ex FSO GRIFFO
29th Dec 2010, 08:55
AND...2 U 2 Wal....

And....hopefully....NO CALLOUTS !!!

:ok::ok:

thunderbird five
29th Dec 2010, 09:10
Have you been around to DFO for a squiz? Lotsa bag shops there, you never know....
Just bail out on short final for 26 one day and avoid the parking.:E

Wally Mk2
29th Dec 2010, 10:06
To 'Grif' & 'T5'(love the thunderbirds, have the whole set boxed DVD, sad I know having the hots for Lady Penelope!:E) I no longer get 'called-out' 'Grif' or land on rwy 26 'T5' therefore don't pass the DFO but I have had a look around those awful places & none have any quality cases other than the vinyl junk you can buy in almost any corner milk bar. I left behind the best job after 10 yrs,(hence the need for a flight case) you could say I am out of retirement it was that much of a coushy job!:ok:
Somebody might even have an old retired second hand small flight case that has seen plenty of action so that I might look the part:E

Wmk2

The Green Goblin
29th Dec 2010, 10:22
The bag shop in the Qantas terminal at tullamarine have good ones. I bought one of similar specs to what you describe, in leather for a tad over $300

Wally Mk2
29th Dec 2010, 11:07
Thanks 'GG' I'll go check that out:ok:

Wmk2

Desert Duck
29th Dec 2010, 19:41
Wal

Look around for someone who does leatherwork and have one made.

B772
29th Dec 2010, 20:07
I saw a 'pilot' bag advertised by Aldi recently !