PDA

View Full Version : DHC8-100 for FSX

PropDuster
29th Dec 2010, 05:13
Any one know where I can buy/download a Dash 8 classic (100 series) add on type for Flight Sim X

There doesn't seem to be anything generic to buy and some of the free download panels are pretty ordinary.

Cheerz

Prop :ok:

belly tank
29th Dec 2010, 07:03
Gday Prop!

Unfortunately to get anything decent you will have to pay $ i suggest the majestic software Q300 soon to make a 400 Majestic Software (http://www.majesticsoftware.com/c/portal_public/layout?p_l_id=1.2&p_p_id=54)

PMDG do make a great J41 sim for FSX i can vouch for that as its just brilliant, they are soon to release the 737NGX also.
PMDG Simulations (http://www.precisionmanuals.com/)

Ive been using PMDG products for years and they are terrific for simwork
all the best.

lilflyboy262
29th Dec 2010, 14:45
Been waiting for that 737 for nearly 2 years now.

Waghi Warrior
29th Dec 2010, 19:11
The Majestic Q300 is the only real one available at the moment,there was another boxed version available for the Q200 from another company a few years ago,however that is no longer available.

The Majestic sim isn't to badly priced for value for money,and it's really realistic. The only thing that let's it down is the FMS isn't fully functional,however it still is usable in most modes. In regard to differences, their isn't a hell of a lot apart from the ECU mode selector and the aircon pack panel. The sim is also EFIS and not analog,althought all the AFCS and assosiated instrument knobs and switches operate in exactly the same way.

I would suggest getting the pro version,better buy if you are serious. I seem to recall that I had a bit of drama installing it after downloading it though,make sure you follow the installation instructions exactly or else you will have problems. They do have a very good support forum,and they were reasonably prompt replying to emails as we'll.

I would give it an 8 out of 10 overall. It's the best you can get at the moment,which is a bit of a shame considering the amount of Dash 8s produced.

Ps,the real sim is twitchy as hell,be very gentle on the controls and don't overcorrect and be light footed on the pedals.

Good luck,and have great fun !