PDA

View Full Version : Just to draw your attention to the Flight Ops/ Crewing/ Dispatch subforum...

kharmael
28th Dec 2010, 09:07
http://www.pprune.org/flight-ground-ops-crewing-dispatch/437328-all-snown.html

Anybody care to show this fellow the error of his ways? We can probably assume that "Army" extends to all three services!

vld77Also, in other countries, the army is there to help in situations like this, with their equipment and their staff. I read that the government offered the army´s help and BAA refused it!

And what was stopping the army helping out clearing roads, directing traffic, clearing alternative routes, etc? Armies are not only for warfare operations!

VP8
And what was stopping the army helping out clearing roads, directing traffic, clearing alternative routes, etc? Armies are not only for warfare operations!

Ah the originator of Operation Deny Christmas to HM Forces

So it would be great to utilse our overstretched Forces to a menial task as clearing snow. They have enough on their plate without coming back from combat duties then picking up a shovel for peoples convenience to travel.

Been there, done it didn't like it in the 80's

vld77I though the army was there to protect us. I wasn´t aware that they are only there to help when the emergency involves using weapons, or that they were exempted if the emergency happens during a holiday period.

Doctor Cruces
28th Dec 2010, 16:27
Thank you, God they really p1ss me off.
Comment duly posted.

veeps usually has something sensible to say.

:ok:

Old-Duffer
28th Dec 2010, 16:35
In all of these stories about things like clearing snow and other basic chores, we always hear the call - 'send for the (sic) Army'.

Can somebody please tell me what all these scroates who have been sentenced to community service are doing? And all these illegal immigrants who are fighting their extradition. Why can't these guys be told - 'you want a live here, here's a shovel, prove it'.

O-D (in 'Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells' mode)

VP8
29th Dec 2010, 05:41
"Doctor Cruces
Thank you, God they really p1ss me off.
Comment duly posted.

veeps usually has something sensible to say."

Thank you!!!http://www.motorhomefacts.com/modules/Forums/images/smiles/new_all_coholic.gif

Doctor Cruces
29th Dec 2010, 09:21
Yr welcome!
:)

green granite
29th Dec 2010, 09:37
I think the attitude stems from the days of national service when most of them had nothing to do except things like cutting grass with scissors etc.