PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for 2011

firebird_uk
27th Dec 2010, 10:19
As I sit here contemplating if all those mince pies and brandy have had an adverse effect on my mass and balance, I wondered what others see in their crystal balls for the helicopter industry in 2011?

I already know it'll be another loss making year for me because when I opened my Christmas present from RHC, Service Bulletin 78 fell out? :(

bolkow
28th Dec 2010, 09:24
So what did you buy all those brandies and mince pies with? Come on, admit it, its was last years profits?:8

fluffy5
29th Dec 2010, 00:35
I will make some predictions. The year of 2010 has seen the training industry in the Uk contract, due to people who can no longer afford to get loans from banks. Also larger companies buying out other FTO's and allowing them to operate. I believe in 2011 the training industry will decrease even further as the last of students before the 2009 devastation will finally have spent their last amount of cash. Also another indicator to the global industry is during 2010 the amount of aircraft for sale has been huge. I just look in helidata for instance to see alot of companies trying to get rid of their corporate machines, because the owner's want to sell. Also another prediction of the continuation of smaller FTO's folding and attempting to sell to the inexperienced buyer, and larger FTO's looking around to make them a c##P offer. Lets look at Ireland, well lets just say all the perky 109e's and R44's that were swallowed up in the last 10 years will soon be on the market in 2011.

Thats me Fluffy 5 (primary doom failure)

Soave_Pilot
29th Dec 2010, 01:07
I think it's safe to say that the market will be very good in developing countries like China, India, Brazil and some other countries in the African continent, some times not even having enough qualified pilots, and my guess it will remain the same in developed countries, that meaning just the regular turn over from the vietnam vet captains retiring and the younger pilots coming in, as a example in the US. That's job wise speaking.
Well that's just my guess! :ok:

Coconutty
29th Dec 2010, 10:03
I predict that a serious "incident" will be caused as a direct resut of economic cutbacks. :eek:

The challenge is for everyone to make sure this prediction does NOT come true :ok:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d129/coconut11/Coconutty.jpg

Aser
29th Dec 2010, 17:51
Oil Industry Increases Spending on Search for Energy - WSJ.com (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204467204576047701034685310.html?mod=igoogle _ewsj_gadgv1&)

The global oil industry—far from chastened by the catastrophic U.S. Gulf of Mexico spill—is planning record spending next year, including a large amount for deep-water development.

Who knows... :rolleyes:

Regards
Aser

61 Lafite
29th Dec 2010, 19:37
A Blade AD from Robinson, perhaps?

Lafite

EN48
29th Dec 2010, 19:45
A Blade AD from Robinson, perhaps?

Only one? :ok:

poppahymen
31st Dec 2010, 00:58
I predict there will be a helicopter accident or incident in 2011 and before the dust is settled numerous arm chair experts will start wild speculation on the causes or cause of this accident or incident.
Often preluding their speculation by the words “I know it’s too early to speculate on this one but"
What will follow will be a rash of other speculators who will then start arguing between themselves to the point that the real cause of said incident or accident becomes no longer relevant. Time will tell if I am right or wrong.
Believe me when I say God I hope I am wrong:O

sunnywa
31st Dec 2010, 02:00
I predict the following for the year:

It will be 365 days long,
The D for who becomes the SAR provider for the UK will not be sorted out yet,
The D for who becomes the SAR provider for the UK will not be not be sorted out yet,
Either way, the various factions, (Crab et al vs the rest) will not be happy with the decision and will treat the rest of Pprune to another year of merriment,
We will win the ashes back (this one dead already)
Everyone will try and fly safelySo have a good one and fly safely everyone:ok:

spamalot
1st Jan 2011, 13:29
The SAR=H thread will continue to be filled with tedium , and CRAB will be employed by Soteria, and all will be well :):)
Fly Safe in 2011