PDA

View Full Version : Liqour Licence aka Alcoholic Drinks Licence

Spoonius
27th Dec 2010, 06:28
Check this out: :confused:

Lawyer warns liquor licensing laws 'apply to all' - The National (http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-news/tourism/lawyer-warns-liquor-licensing-laws-apply-to-all)

Better be careful guys!!

jackbauer
27th Dec 2010, 09:31
As a tourist your entry visa covers you for consuming alcohol. Only residents need a licence.

EGGW
27th Dec 2010, 10:35
Be interesting to see how quick this is sorted. The alcohol after all in bars and hotels brings in a lot of $$$. Don't think them at the top want a dip in profits.

EGGW.

Spoonius
27th Dec 2010, 11:24
Not according to the article in The National. Did you read it?

Capetonian
27th Dec 2010, 11:39
When I was in DXB (as a 'tourist') I was able to buy alcohol, no questions asked, no documentation requested. How would they have known if I was a 'tourist' or a resident? My friend who lived there always produced his licence when he purchased, but he bought rather larger quantities than I did, which sadly led to his demise.

TangoUniform
27th Dec 2010, 16:13
And lawyers are always correct in their interpretation of the law. I am sure said lawyer has a cousin somewhere that will soon be the beneficiary of visitors having to pony up some cash for the "right" to consume adult beverages.

Gulfstreamaviator
27th Dec 2010, 17:29
So how can the unified UAE law affect the Northern Emirate.

If I have a beer in a licenced facility, I can be fined for consuming a legally obtained product.

If I arrive on a Gen Dec, am I also a tourist for the purpose of this law.?

repost to "only in the UAE". ?????

Glf