PDA

View Full Version : ATP Type Rating

Chirpy Pilot
31st Jan 2001, 01:29
Any advice on what to expect on an ATP type rating course. What depth does the ground school go into, and is there any special preparation I can do before hand.

411A
31st Jan 2001, 06:18
What type?

towser
3rd Feb 2001, 21:48
No nothing special to swat up on it is not a particularily complicated a/c and if the instructor is any good it should be a breeze.

JJflyer
4th Feb 2001, 01:06
411... I presume ATP as in Advanced Turbo Prop and not as in FAA ATP Airline Transport Pilot

JJ

All day breakfast
4th Feb 2001, 13:53
Chirpy Pilot,
The ATP ground school is no problem as long as you keep up with the work required and don't be tempted to hit the bar every night!
If you can have a thorough knowledge of the flight profiles before you visit the simulator, I think that you will find that invaluable.
Most of all enjoy yourself.
Cheers.

Chirpy Pilot
5th Feb 2001, 00:28
Thanks for your help. Can't wait to start on Monday. It is what the hard slog was all about

Blade1
6th Feb 2001, 02:39
Chirpy Pilot,

It's a top a/c, I've enjoyed it most of the time, (even when I've had to fly with Towser), not hard grd school so get leathered!

Which base u at? (good idea of the company).

towser
7th Feb 2001, 21:59
Blade1 getting leathered seems to be a topic that you have carried on right through and long after your ground school course!!

moggie
10th Feb 2001, 15:35
Couldn't agree more about the advice to have a good idea of profiles etc. before going into the sim. Suggest you read up ALL the profiles and the associated tech stuff before even going in for the FIRST trip. This means that you are ahead of the game and when you read up the night/morning before you are revising not learning.

Once you get into the routine of the deatils you will want to spend the time in between relaxing not cramming.

Blade1
10th Feb 2001, 16:41
Thought that's what grd school is for...