PDA

View Full Version : LIDO Departure Charts

dirk85
26th Dec 2010, 19:28
Hi everyone!

In January I have a sim assessment with a company, and they will use LIDO charts that day.
They sent me some samples of approach and airport diagrams charts, but no departure plates.

Does anyone have electronic copies of a couple of these charts, also out of date?
Just to get familiar with the layout and not spend half an hour looking for the relevant data...
The best would be of German airports, but any airport would do the job.

Thank you very much!

FlightDetent
27th Dec 2010, 08:10
There's nothing sinister about them, LIDO had been designed to outperform Jeppesen drawings. However, for SID data, be avare that the text description for departure is not available from the chart directly, but printed on separate sheet. Also check the aerodrome text pages, which are provided for each and every AD.

Yours,
FD (the un-real)

SPLIT-FFMTCC
31st Jan 2011, 19:23
All helpful tips.

Does anyone know where I could get my hands on Lido MAN & LGW plates (SID's and ILS's)?

Sim check coming up and company uses these opposed to Jepp's.

Denti
31st Jan 2011, 20:08
If you happen to own an iPad you can buy the lido app and with that get a sample of plates for around 40 airports, no clue which ones though.

SPLIT-FFMTCC
1st Feb 2011, 18:07
No iPad

No spare £12

Not happy

blousky
1st Feb 2011, 19:05
Check your private messages

Midlands
1st Feb 2011, 19:16
Does anyone know where I could get my hands on Lido MAN & LGW plates (SID's and ILS's)?

Sim check coming up and company uses these opposed to Jepp's.

Uhm, so your company uses Jepps operationally but LIDO's for your SIM ride??

There's nothing sinister about them, LIDO had been designed to outperform Jeppesen drawings.

Its not the happy colours that make a safe chart, its the information contained within. Have a word with TCX UK - we found out the hard way.

SPLIT-FFMTCC
1st Feb 2011, 23:06
Uhm, so your company uses Jepps operationally but LIDO's for your SIM ride?

I'm unemployed at present, my previous company used Jepp's and is what I've been used to all my career. The company I'm going through the sim ride uses LIDO's, hence the request for help.