PDA

View Full Version : Why CRS bidding doesn't work in EK

VLS with ice
23rd Dec 2010, 10:51
Hi,

A friend of mine had some issues (like all of us) with his top bid month. After asking for an explanation via different channels, he got some general emails that didn't help much. Not being happy with the reply he got, he asked for a more thorough investigation. This was the reply (names and dates are removed):

"Going back to xxx, the solution on the AB was extremely tight. The problem was days off, of which there were not many extra to go around. In doing the analysis, what was found was the most senior pilot was awarded 11 days off, then there were fourteen pilots awarded 9 days off. Every other single Airbus Captain received only the minimum required 8 days off. In a lot of cases, these days off had to be placed exactly where they were for legality reasons (1 in 7, 2 in 14, 24 in 84). In other words, the global solution took over and the primary task of CRS was to build legal rosters for every single pilot. The only way it could do this was to essentially bypass pilot bids, and this is why you have junior pilots getting the trips you bid for. I know it’s not easy to see it, but by assigning you one or more of the trips you requested would have resulted in a junior pilot receiving an illegal roster (i.e.: not enough days off, too many hours, etc..). "

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

Stay safe.

VLS

fatbus
23rd Dec 2010, 13:44
Yes and No, hiring is to help but they also have their heads in the sand about how many are leaving and how many more they really need to actual help. Don't believe it will be fixed in 6 months more like 6 years

ekwhistleblower
23rd Dec 2010, 16:16
50% payrise problem solved!

40&80
23rd Dec 2010, 16:55
50% pay rise for whom? And out of whose bonus?
Saw this many years ago on the Gulf Air L1011 fleet when management wanted rid of two excellent British expats. in the pilot and cabin crew rostering department.
BA was contracted to produce a computer generated legal roster and could not do it.
The computer needed 13 extra crews to make it work legally.
Crew "Good will" had been supporting the Gulf Air L1011 operation for "years"...flying on days off...selling annual leave...always extending duty days, four days off in 28 on many occasions,often 6 days off when 8 was the target...it was not rewarded other than the company stayed in business and the crews developed a great team spirit and friendships that remain to this day.
The two British expats. who received their marching orders were now required to stay...however yet again the damage had been done and soon of course they got themselves fixed up with other airlines and resigned.
Confusion then reigned as nationals had to try desperately to now make the roster work with crews now much less inclined to help the company.

Mr Angry from Purley
23rd Dec 2010, 19:37
If your hitting 24 days off in 84 warnings that's the nearest you can get to collapse. It's actually quiet hard to roster that so the computer must be doing a good job......Flying it is a complete different issue. You should take advantage and fly on your days off and if accepted it should mean you getting paid the extra $$ and then getting lieu days off to keep it legal.....
I've hit then 24 in 84 in a few airlines i've worked at, 2 bit charter airlines but the State Airline o dear o dear :\

Mysalami
24th Dec 2010, 15:05
Celebrating the festive season please note that EPC discount will not be honoured until the 01 Jan 2011, and that EK airbus crew can suffer their Jan rosters!!! That will teach you !

White Knight
24th Dec 2010, 21:10
If your hitting 24 days off in 84 warnings that's the nearest you can get to collapse. It's actually quiet hard to roster that so the computer must be doing a good job......Flying it is a complete different issue. You should take advantage and fly on your days off and if accepted it should mean you getting paid the extra $$ and then getting lieu days off to keep it legal.....
I've hit then 24 in 84 in a few airlines i've worked at, 2 bit charter airlines but the State Airline o dear o dear

Sorry mate, but what the hell are you on????? I have no idea what you are trying to spit out here............ 84 warnings??????