PDA

View Full Version : VC10 + Duty Hours = ?

Prawn2king4
23rd Dec 2010, 08:46
James Blunt misses Afghanistan concert - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/defence/8219520/James-Blunt-misses-Afghanistan-concert.html)

How many VC10 crews are there?

uncle peter
23rd Dec 2010, 08:56
Quite a few less than a few weeks ago?

"Does this mean that all the VC-10
Captains are getting their jobs back, after learning of their
losses a few weeks ago?

BW"

(taken from Tristar thread)

Tankertrashnav
23rd Dec 2010, 09:12
"Troops in Afghanistan miss James Blunt concert".

So it's not all bad news out there then ;)

Aynayda Pizaqvick
23rd Dec 2010, 09:41
I would have thought

'Troops make it to Afghanistan on 50 year old aircraft with no delays'

would be a much more newsworthy article!

blagger
23rd Dec 2010, 09:52
or "ex-Army singer can't tell difference between civvy DC10 and VC10"....

TheWizard
23rd Dec 2010, 10:59
James Blunt misses Afghanistan concert - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/defence/8219520/James-Blunt-misses-Afghanistan-concert.html)

As per the Tri* thread, that looks a bit wide for a VC10!! :hmm:

soddim
23rd Dec 2010, 11:04
'the mix-up was due to “bad organisation, verging on incompetence”.

Sounds like the movers I remember well.

Wensleydale
23rd Dec 2010, 11:17
I thought that their motto was

"Delusions of Adequacy".

Aynayda Pizaqvick
23rd Dec 2010, 11:38
Is it just me or is that article significantly shorter than the rant at RAF aircraft and their crews that was on the web earlier this morning?

Runaway Gun
23rd Dec 2010, 11:51
You're right Pizza, much of the article has been taken down.

BlindWingy
23rd Dec 2010, 12:25
I wonder why? Any guesses?

Hot Charlie
23rd Dec 2010, 13:19
How many VC10 crews are there?

Just about enough for the number of VC10s...

The singers joined 160 soldiers at the Leicestershire airport at 7am for a flight to Helmand on board a chartered aircraft often used by the military to transport troops.

...and very few (if any) who have an ATPL and appropriate type rating to be able to fly any of the civvy troopers often seen at Brize brought in at short notice to cover the Tristar.:}

TheWizard
23rd Dec 2010, 13:22
Is it just me or is that article significantly shorter than the rant at RAF aircraft and their crews that was on the web earlier this morning?

Trouble is, the rest of the media picked up on it straight away. The annual RAF Shiny Fleet bashing begins....

Lucky escape for Taliban from James Blunt threat | Entertainment | People | The First Post (http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/73204,people,entertainment,lucky-escape-for-taliban-from-james-blunt-threat?)

(they make a fair point about Blunt though)

Runaway Gun
23rd Dec 2010, 15:34
To be fair I don't think torture is allowed under the Geneva Convention.

SRENNAPS
23rd Dec 2010, 21:25
Same comment as the Tristar thread:

Not one complimentary comment for Katherine – just goes to show the half glass empty mentality. How sad.:mad::mad:

BEagle
23rd Dec 2010, 21:46
Well, I think she's terrific:

The official Katherine Jenkins UK website | KJ.tv (http://kj.tv/)

There's lovely, isn't it?

SRENNAPS
23rd Dec 2010, 21:55
Thanks BEagle:ok:

valveclosed
23rd Dec 2010, 21:59
Prawn2king4

Just a quick question! why did you start the thread with the heading you did?
You obviously have a firm grasp on all things aviation related, what has VC10 crew duty time got to do with this story?

Just a thought as well, seems everyone is happy to slag off the movers for a headcount issue, nobody has had a go at the charter company when they could not provide another crew! any reason?
Maybe its a realisation things happen and sometimes it cant be helped when it comes to aircraft.

Its pretty good we work out of an RAF base with RAF aircraft and the delay is RAF fault
Go to a civilian airport with a civilian aircraft and errr its still the RAF fault but its good to know we have the saviour of the world from WW3 to let us all know where we are going wrong.
Good on you Mr Blunt!

NutLoose
23rd Dec 2010, 22:18
The singers joined 160 soldiers at the Leicestershire airport at 7am for a flight to Helmand on board a chartered aircraft often used by the military to transport troops

You do not know how much that will Rankle in Leicester, when looking at naming the Airport Nottingham was chosen, though it is on the border and in Leicestershire it actually has a Derbyshire postcode, it was named Nottingham East Midlands Airport, though all the policing costs etc are picked up by Leicestershire as it is in their county.....

Shame he never got to entertain the troops though :ugh:

Prawn2king4
24th Dec 2010, 01:15
VC:

I see the article has been edited, so won't elaborate.

"At the Blunt end" would have been more apposite.