PDA

View Full Version : Good for him,

Ali Barber
22nd Dec 2010, 19:00
He's let someone else get home.

Prince William to miss seeing Kate Middleton on Christmas Day as he volunteers for RAF duty - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/theroyalfamily/8219381/Prince-William-to-miss-seeing-Kate-Middleton-on-Christmas-Day-as-he-volunteers-for-RAF-duty.html)

Diablo Rouge
22nd Dec 2010, 19:52
Whilst it is indeed 'good for him' it also means that none of his hangers on will get a Christmas either. He is on a lose-lose with laudable gestures such as this. Especially now the world knows where he will be that day. Why not just get on and do it without shouting from the hill tops in advance. It is the epitomy of a PR Exercise.

Type1106
22nd Dec 2010, 19:59
DR - you are a miserable b****r. Only a look alike Scrooge would see this as a 'loose loose' situation.

Get some Christmas cheer man and try and see the good side.

STANDTO
22nd Dec 2010, 20:19
Cool! I'm on too! If there is an Irish Sea rescue and a drop at Nobles we might bump into each other!. Yah!

Wonder if he PPrunes yet?
:ok:

Rigga
22nd Dec 2010, 21:45
This was announced almost as soon as he got to valley on his posting - not new news.
I think he was told thats what happens and he accepted it. A human side - now that is good!

EOSM37
22nd Dec 2010, 22:00
this as a 'loose loose' situation.

I think you mean "Lose lose".

Wonder if he PPrunes yet?

Somehow I doubt very much that he does. You he doesn't need to post 17000 times on a chat forum to make himself feel important.

Lockstock
22nd Dec 2010, 22:03
Good for him.

It doesn't matter what some 'loosers' think :\

Union Jack
22nd Dec 2010, 22:29
.... he doesn't need to post 17000 times on a chat forum to make himself feel important

Ooh you "B****e" bitch!:=

Jack

chiglet
22nd Dec 2010, 23:48
As an RAF ADO, and a Civvie ATCA from !963 to 2009 I had "Christmas" [Eve, Day and Boxing Day] off Three times... goes with the Job...
And Yes, I know the definition of "Sympathy"........

It's between Sh1t, and Syphilis :ok:

phil9560
23rd Dec 2010, 02:18
For Gods sake leave the lad alone.he's trying !:)

Dan Winterland
23rd Dec 2010, 03:01
I expect quite a few of his entourage will be given the day off if he's going to be in the SAR hut all day. He can amuse himself by surfing the Mil forum on PPRuNe if he's not called.

Good for him!

Old-Duffer
23rd Dec 2010, 05:34
.......... if he was the President elect of the US and he was standing SAR, ther'ed be four identical helios sent on each 'shout' so nobody would know which was Will's and then a fleet of other helios carrying the standby doctor, the spare blood etc etc etc.

O-D

timzsta
23rd Dec 2010, 16:57
Ya can all bitch all ya like. He's got one thing on all of us. One day he will be King. And he can have as many christmas day's off as he likes then!

PTC REMF
23rd Dec 2010, 18:01
Good drills,
I wonder if he'll stop to watch Granny on the telly?

glad rag
23rd Dec 2010, 18:27
Well said Lockstock. :D

Despite my cultural dislike of "the juniors" this young Royal (and his sibling) are a cut above the rest.

They are both rapidly gaining my respect.

Actually I think it's called leadership, something that this country desperately needs.

Shack37
23rd Dec 2010, 22:42
Ya can all bitch all ya like. He's got one thing on all of us. One day he will be King. And he can have as many christmas day's off as he likes then!

No he won't, he'll ave to do is telly bit.....

NutLoose
23rd Dec 2010, 22:50
Ahhh a man after my own heart, the things you used to do to get out of church parade :ok:;)

bobward
24th Dec 2010, 08:16
This may help to remind the Great British Public that not everyone can knock off for a week to ten days at year end. There are a lot of folks, both in and out of the military, for whom this is 'just another working day'.

A big thank you is due from we who don't to those who do.

All the best PPruners.
Cheers
Bob
:D:D:D