PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet refund the outbound, but cancel my return flight

moneypenny2
22nd Dec 2010, 16:16
Hello,
My flight on monday from GTW to LYS was cancelled so I went to Lyon by my own means. Arrived 24h later and logged in to request refund for this cancelled flight. However my other flight, LYS to GTW in January has now disapeared from my bookings!!!
I have tried to contact easyjet but no answer apart "sorry you have trouble" but I don't know if this flight has really been cancelled by mistake, if I'm supposed to book another flight for over £200 now, if they will realise they cancelled it by mistake and issue me back with a ticket for this flight already paid in october??
Even on the refund thing online, only the cancelled flight appreas, nothing is said about the flight of january...
Anybody having the same sort of issue??

Capetonian
22nd Dec 2010, 16:45
Are you sure you booked it on the same record, or didn't accidentally cancel it yourself? I ask this because with LCCs they normally will not cancel your return leg even if you no-show for the outward, they treat them as separate contracts.

With conventional carriers, if you miss a flight, onward booking will automatically be cancelled

BUGS/BEARINGS/BOXES
22nd Dec 2010, 16:57
Time to read thier on-line Ts and Cs. Charters will cancel your rtn leg if you fail to show for the oubound sector. If both sectors were covered by the same booking ref code then they have probably refunded the booking assuming you never travelled and thus no longer need the rtn leg....hence it can be re-sold. The true cost of low-cost fares is becoming very apparent for a lot of people at the mo!

moneypenny2
22nd Dec 2010, 17:11
I booked both flights at the same time and were under the same reference number. Same thing for my Ex Bf expect that his easyjet account shows his return flight but not mine...

Bealzebub
22nd Dec 2010, 17:39
My flight on monday from GTW to LYS was cancelled so I went to Lyon by my own means. Arrived 24h later and logged in to request refund for this cancelled flight. However my other flight, LYS to GTW in January has now disapeared from my bookings!!!
Presumably you mean London Gatwick (LGW) and not Holesov airport Czech Republic (GTW)? This wouldn't be the cause of the confusion would it? easyjet don't fly there. IATA codes are specific to an airport, you cannot make up any three letters that sound good, and assume it means what you want it to mean.

When you booked the flight, you would have effectively booked two segments with individual pricing albeit under one booking reference. When you were refunded did you receive a refund for the sector only, or did you receive a refund for the whole booking?

moneypenny2
22nd Dec 2010, 17:44
Yes I meant LGW, sorry I was not trying to make anything up as you say but I'm sure anybody can understand that I haven't been sleeping since sunday night basically and am slighly stressed with all this... So the difference between GTW and LGW doesn't help anyway... and being all arrogant about my mistake doesn't help neither.

They are showing only the refund for my cancelled flight only (I haven't recieved any money yet obvisouly) but not for the flight back to the UK.

Bealzebub
22nd Dec 2010, 18:13
Arrogant or not, I am not the one with the problem! However together with a few other people here, we are trying to help you get to the bottom of your difficulty.

Click Here (http://easyjet.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/1864842/1292940896) and check that you followed this procedure, particularly with regard to the section on clicking the "no change" box for future flights. Perhaps you didn't do this if you were very tired?

I suspect you will have to call customer services and discuss the problem with them, even though they may be very busy at the moment.