PDA

View Full Version : QR go public early 2012!

non0
21st Dec 2010, 05:15
Qatar Airways to launch IPO in early 2012
Qatar Airways is planning to launch an initial public offering (IPO) in early 2012 after three consecutive years of profit, it said on Sunday, reports the Economic Times (http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international-business/Qatar-Airways-to-launch-IPO-in-early-2012/articleshow/7126999.cms). A spokeswoman for the national airline confirmed comments by its chief executive Akbar Al Baker on Saturday that he was “pretty confident” it would launch the IPO then.
Aggressive...

169west
21st Dec 2010, 12:16
It should loosen the government link
I think the Emir will keep a 'very good trance' of QR, close to 51%!

So presumably, the 3 years of profit are 2008/2009; 2009/2010; and 2010/2011?
How to measure profit for a ME airlines?

Investors would be stupid to pay hard cash for shares in a loss making airline
Dependes on who are the investors:

UAE Emir willing to control the ME Airlines business
chinese investors seaking to recicle thier tons of money
Oil Big Brothers and Sisters looking for the North Field-GTL-mambojumbo...
US or EU willing to invest in a relatively stable Country, now that the far-east is looking for trouble with the Korean super-ego
... and who ever is crazy enough to invest his own and family lives in QR future plans.

Iver
21st Dec 2010, 16:45
Very interesting. It will certainly be much harder to HIDE losses or declining profits when you are public and audited by reputable auditing firms (as would be required). Going public opens you up to a lot of scrutiny... With that said, QR must be pretty confident and doing reasonably well to open it up to scrutiny.

Brian Cohen
7th May 2011, 15:07
The date is shifted a little (2013) but QR seems pretty serious about going public! Any guess on the initial offering? QR employee will have their share? (don't expect any answer!)