PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations 'Dusty' Rhodes!

Lapunkapten
19th Dec 2010, 07:57
Surprised it hasn't made it on here yet but one of PNG's recent aviation legends Doug 'Dusty' Rhodes has decided to call it a day at Hevilift.

Anyone with anecdotes of the man himself, please feel free to share as his stories have entertained myself and others over (many) beers in the years I have known him.

Congratulations once again on a long and never dull career Dusty.

Duck Pilot
20th Dec 2010, 07:03
He hasn't left PNG yet has he,please NO !
If not I wil be putting the foot down to get to the dero to try and drink him under the table,just gotta watch that bloody moving tree on the corner near TNT !

Doug is a true legend ! He taught me a sh!t load,one of the best aviators I have ever had the pleasure to fly with,not to mention to drink with.

Doug if you read this,you will be sadly missed.

See ya later "CHINA".

I look forward to having a few dozen beers with you,more than likely at a pub at The Gap.

Cheers mate,
You have done a hell of a lot for PNG,and you will always be remembered by me.

Kunai
21st Dec 2010, 00:39
I'll go then

Doug has taught me some valuable lessons that will stick with me for life;

1. The importance of checking everything for myself etc; fuel, loading, tie downs etc. "I don't trust no b@stard".

2. To not let commercial or customer pressure rush me. "No b@stard is rushing me to my first incident".

3. The need to eat and hydrate appropriately during the day. "These b@stards have got to understand; you feed the aeroplane, you feed me".

4. Accepting that some of the SLF are not the best groomed. "Some b@stard has $hit themselves back there".

You will be missed.