PDA

View Full Version : US Senate votes to overturn "Don't Ask Don't Tell"

Two's in
18th Dec 2010, 20:12
Just need Barry to sign the papers now, and it's gone for ever.

"The Senate has taken an historic step toward ending a policy that undermines our national security while violating the very ideals that our brave men and women in uniform risk their lives to defend," President Obama said in a prepared statement." By ending 'don't ask, don't tell," no longer will our nation be denied the service of thousands of patriotic Americans forced to leave the military, despite years of exemplary performance, because they happen to be gay. And no longer will many thousands more be asked to live a lie in order to serve the country they love.

Don't ask: Senate votes to repeal 'don't ask, don't tell' - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-pn-senate-gays-20101219,0,4926811.story)

Jayand
18th Dec 2010, 21:53
I don't mind homosexuals in the armed forces so long as it's not rammed down your throat.

Load Toad
18th Dec 2010, 22:46
I'm still trying to work out why they didn't use 'Don't Ask - Don't Tell' with coloured troops and women.

Tankertrashnav
18th Dec 2010, 22:58
Better late than never - great move :ok:

JTIDS
18th Dec 2010, 23:55
About bloody time too...

Green Flash
19th Dec 2010, 08:40
It takes all sorts to make a world.

Do your job.

Have I missed anything?

Whaaa newark
20th Dec 2010, 08:35
This is the problem with the US military. What other military in the world would have such a stupid policy? I mean it's ridiculous, there they are supposedly fighting for freedom and free speech and you have to keep such a basic emotion to yourself.

Well I'm proud that I live in and serve a country where I can stand up and shout - 'I AM HAPPY AND I AM PROUD'.

Well to be honest, I not that happy really as I have to get up now and go and buy the wife a Christmas present and I have no idea what to get her. I should get her something colourful but I'm not that good with colour really. But if I was happy, I would be happy to tell everyone how happy I was.

Load Toad
20th Dec 2010, 10:01
How are they on fantasizing whilst whanqing? Cos I have some pretty weird fantasizes.

Would hate to not be allowed to die for my country cos I had two lesbians and a bi-curious ginger in my dreams.

Tashengurt
20th Dec 2010, 10:06
Would hate to not be allowed to die for my country cos I had two lesbians and a bi-curious ginger in my dreams

Yup, those Orangutans are sexy little b*ggers!

GreenKnight121
21st Dec 2010, 00:30
Now they've just got to remove that item in the UCMJ which makes homosexual acts a criminal offense.

All "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" did was to make the military stop its active investigation of homosexuals, and to suspend the criminal prosecution of those found to be homosexual in favor of immediate discharge from service... it didn't remove the criminal provisions.

"DADT" was actually more favorable towards homosexuals than the letter of the Uniform Code of Military Justice.