PDA

View Full Version : MM saves the day for UAE

LHR Rain
18th Dec 2010, 06:15
The FAA came and checked on the GCAA this month. Word is that MM went down to AUH and saved the day for EK and EY.
I wonder what kind of lies he told and how they got around the illegal factoring? The long FDP and the 1 hour check in and ZERO check out allowance.

helen-damnation
18th Dec 2010, 11:43
Why don't you go and ask him instead of spouting defamatory crap :rolleyes:

LHR Rain
19th Dec 2010, 13:38
I would ask him if I thought he would tell us the truth.
After all he is an EK manager and he works in the middle east where the truth is in very short supply.

411A
19th Dec 2010, 15:41
The FAA doesn't care about 'factoring', generally because the FAA regulated airlines don't use this procedure (and pilots are allowed longer annual pilot operating hours), however...if a GCAA registered airplane has an accident in the USA, the NTSB (who most certainly will have the say so) will look at the pilots rest/duty periods, at that specific time.
IE: it ain't over until the unfortunate happens.
So...keep awake guys and don't have an accident here in the USA.:)

White Knight
19th Dec 2010, 17:55
however...if a GCAA registered airplane has an accident in the USA, the NTSB (who most certainly will have the say so) will look at the pilots rest/duty periods, at that specific time.

They still have NO say even after having a look... Operating state and all that! Check your Air Law:ok: The FAA may then regulate but the NTSB:confused:

411A
20th Dec 2010, 00:15
They still have NO say even after having a look... Operating state and all that! Check your Air Law The FAA may then regulate but the NTSB
Makes no difference whom the operating state is...the NTSB investigates for accidents within the USA, then advises the FAA of its findings...the FAA/DOT then has the authority to deny landing rights, as they desire.
Will they?
Quite likely not, but...it has been done in the past.
OR, the GCAA could be designated category two...in which case no additional air services are allowed, and the ones that are are subject to additional inspections.
Factoring pilot hours?
The FAA simply is not interested.

a345xxx
20th Dec 2010, 01:14
Who do you think the FAA or NTSB is? Another global sheriff policing the world and doing as it likes ? Get real you can only legislate and dictate in your own country.

If we let the USA run things in the ME they might just turn the UAE into another Iraq or Afghanistan and then send in Haliburton and KBR to rebuild it!

ironbutt57
20th Dec 2010, 01:57
Yes 345xxx, I agree, let the US Navy 5th fleet and the rest all go home and leave the region to look after itself, outside interference never solved anything..

411A
20th Dec 2010, 03:51
Who do you think the FAA or NTSB is? Another global sheriff policing the world and doing as it likes ? Get real you can only legislate and dictate in your own country.

Oh dear, it would appear that a345xxx is sadly misinformed.
For his enlightenment...the FAA comes and audits a countries aviation authority that intend to, or are already, flying to the USA, and will determine if they are category one (compliant) or category two (not in compliance), and...in the latter case, restrict ops to the USA as they see fit.
In addition, each and every airline that flies to the USA on a scheduled basis does so with the specific approval and regulation of the USDOT/FAA, and are issued 14CFR129 authority accordingly.
No issued authority, no flights.

a345xxx
20th Dec 2010, 04:27
And short of the country being a labeled a sponsor of terrorism it allows it to operate. The reality is commerce. The more airlines fly to the USA the better for it. The only muscle that the FAA and the Government has is... you want to fly to the USA buy some Boeings!

Even PIA can operate to the USA albeit via a third country of recognized security standards but this does say a lot about the FAA!

Please prove my posting wrong and list the countries which the FAA has banned or airlines it has blacklisted? Even when Garuda was initially barred it was from Europe by the JAA not the FAA!

411A
20th Dec 2010, 04:51
Please prove my posting wrong and list the countries which the FAA has banned

Easy to prove you wrong, and I only need a few countries...
Mauritania
Republic of Mali
Honduras

Airlines?
Any airline from the above listed countries.

a345xxx must be new to airline flying, either that or he/she is not paying attention.:rolleyes:

NB.
The Honduras DGAC will be inspected next year, and is expected to pass, and be classified category one.

a345xxx
20th Dec 2010, 08:24
Do those countries have airlines ?

a345xxx
20th Dec 2010, 08:33
Just checked .....

Mauritania .... No local airline except maybe some charter operators.

Honduras... No local airline ...Only TACA operates there

Mali.... No local airline... Only foreign operators operate there..ie Air France, Air Kenya , Air Senegal...

So why would any of the countries even need FAA approval when they don't even have any local operators?

411A
20th Dec 2010, 09:34
Just checked .....

Didn't check very well, did you.
Mauritania...Air Mauritania, their national airline.
Mali...SAM Intercontinental, their national airline.
Honduras...Rollins Air, the largest Honduran airline, with scheduled services to several countries with B737 and E120 equipment.

Sure hope you're not a pilot, a345xxx, as with your demonstrated inability, it is doubtful you would know just where all of the switches are...:rolleyes:

Oh yes, and then we have this little gem from a345xxx...
Honduras... No local airline ...Only TACA operates there

I expect this would come as a huge surprise to American and Continental, who both operate there on a daily basis.

four engine jock
20th Dec 2010, 10:14
Air Mauritanie was established in September 1962 and started operations in October 1962. It took over the limited regional services previously flown by Air France and UAT-Airmaritime. With the help of Spantax, a Spanish airline, Air Mauritanie started services in 1963 using Fokker F27 aircraft. Also the company operated at least on DC3 and one DC4. The 1980s saw international routes to Las Palmas and Dakar added. In 1983 Fokker F28 jets were added to the fleet and in 1996 ATR 42 aircraft were purchased. Since then Boeing 737s have been introduced. As of June 2005, Air Mauritanie is was prohibited from flying into the United Kingdom, because of evidence that they are not receiving adequate regulatory oversight from their national aviation authority.

The new Mauritanian transition Government in August 2005 started looking for a strategic partner for the heavily indebted company, which is owned by the Mauritanian government (11%), Bollore, Elf Oil and Mauritanian Bank. It was reported in August 2006 that Royal Air Maroc was to take a 51% stake in the airline and to effectively take over its management. Air Mauritanie had 235 employees as of March 2007[2].

In October 2007, however, the airline was liquidated after it was unable to pay the leases on two of its aircraft, which were repossessed by leasing company ILFC.[3] The government of Mauritania has now established a new airline, Mauritania Airways, in conjunction with Royal Air Maroc and a local company.

a345xxx
20th Dec 2010, 22:59
As per the previous post by another PPruner.. Air Mauritania is bankrupt.

SAM is only a charter outfit!

Rollins Air is only a regional player and as its website puts it.. configured for a maximum of 13 passengers! Haven't heard of a national carrier that only carries 13 passengers at a time, maybe the official carrier of Wassila?BTW When Garuda was banned from flying to the EU they still operated regionally.

The point is if you can see past the switches... The FAA is not going to play Global Sheriff and start banning people from flying to the USA on the contrary they will actually show you the path on how to get your approval.

As for them trying to protect all of us in the ME from alleged unfair FTL's guys wake up or stop smoking whatever it is you are smoking!Well maybe if they flew in on FA18's or B52's!

411A
21st Dec 2010, 01:03
Another misinformed post by a345xxx...
SAM is only a charter outfit!

SAM flies a schedule from Pakistan, through Tripoli, Bamako, destination Monrovia on a weekly basis...so much for a345xxx's feeble 'knowledge'.:ugh:

Rollins Air is only a regional player and as its website puts it.. configured for a maximum of 13 passengers!
13 passengers?
The B737 holds 120.
The L1011 holds 309.

The FAA is not going to play Global Sheriff and start banning people from flying to the USA on the contrary they will actually show you the path on how to get your approval.

How naive he truly is....:rolleyes:

a345xxx
21st Dec 2010, 01:13
Actually your posts show how naive you are..... but then again some of us still believe in Santa,the Easter Bunny and... the FAA as their saviour! :)

Earl
21st Dec 2010, 03:16
I think that if a airline or country loses their cat 1 status it only means that
they cannot add more destinations as to what they already fly to in the USA.
Maybe an embarrassment for the country or airline, but not such a big deal, unless something happens,then everyone points fingers.
We all know how things go after the fact.

Praise Jebus
21st Dec 2010, 05:53
a345 and 411a (I see a trend here....) This is the first pissing contest I have seen over who can make the better use of Google and Wikipedia, not much to do with MM about which this post was started. Please move along and let the adults have some computer time.

411A
21st Dec 2010, 06:01
...who can make the better use of Google and Wikipedia
Unlike our uninformed naive contributor, a345xxx...I have direct knowledge of two of the aircarriers mentioned, therefore...google and wakipedia not required.
a345xxx is a fool, in addition to be totally uninformed...:ugh:
No surprise, certainly.

EOM

a345xxx
21st Dec 2010, 06:32
Must be hitting pretty close to the mark considering how personal 411A is taking it!!! Take a chill pill buddy, don't want anyone getting high blood pressure due to this forum!
Sticks and stones may break my bones but google and wikipedia helps me!!! :)

411A
21st Dec 2010, 07:32
Sticks and stones may break my bones but google and wikipedia helps me!!!
Very poorly, it appears.:E

EGGW
21st Dec 2010, 15:35
Right, no more off topic dross. Will delete the rantings tomorrow...

EGGW