PDA

View Full Version : Drunks at Emirates

cerbus
16th Dec 2010, 17:24
Can someone give a number of Emirates pilots that have been sacked in the last 6 months for reporting to work drunk?
I believe the number is 4 but it might be one or two higher. Also I have been told by secruity that 3 pilots have received drunk driving citiations in the last month. Any truth to the above?
I know EK is working us to death and treating us worse but we should not give the company any ammo about being unprofessional pilots. If you see a fellow pilot drunk just tell him to call in sick or you will do it for him.

Atebis
16th Dec 2010, 20:49
Does the security guy also work for the ministry of transportation?? Cerbus.... by you having that information....are you gonna operate differently? What will you do?.......Nothing

Get off the computer and go have a beer. Just give yourself enought time before your next flight.

It is unfortunate that this sort of thing happens, but.....to call it "Drunks at Emirates"......... :=

LHR Rain
17th Dec 2010, 05:26
What should be the title?
Pilots who drank and reported to work with a too high blood alchlol level.
The three pilots that were caught in Dubai were driving their cars drunk and not reporting to work.
Just goes to show you how the company is treating all of us if our pilot group is having this many problems.

M-rat
17th Dec 2010, 07:31
cerbus

a post giving anyone who reads this blog ammunition to further devalue our profession...
worthy of wikileaks... petty and mean spirited.:*

Gossip procedes by a method of inquiry...:yuk:

Your association of drinking problems, or errors of judgement when consuming alchohol, with the treatment of pilots at this company by management is a logical error.

If you give an employer the power to control what you do in your free time, and suggest that inrceased stress brought on by our outrageous workload is giving pilots a reason to behave innapropriately off the job, you are succumbing to the irrational.

Drinking, (pre-diagnosis of alchoholism by a medical authority), is a personal decision. Just like the decision to get behind the wheel.

Or press #2!

Sack up; take responsibility. We can't always control what happens to us, but we can control our response to it.

MosEisley
17th Dec 2010, 08:09
M-rat, you've obviously never worked in an employee assistance program. I have, for a long time, and I can tell you that the problems are real. The stresses brought on by work and the lack of free time can put immense pressures on a family and an individual. Your claims of these problems being irrational and erroneous are themselves irrational and erroneous. So sack up yourself and stfu when it comes to other peoples problems which you could not possibly understand. Stress affects every person in a different way and is completely subjective so don't think for a moment you can sit back and judge anyone you pompous a$$.

145qrh
17th Dec 2010, 11:12
Was about to ask what "stfu" was :\.

I don't know the figures off hand, or if indeed EK knows the figures either, but the last 2 years has placed an intolerable strain on many families, and the health of many of our colleagues. Alcohol is often the first crutch we go for.

I have flown with so many people who have either been in marriage counseling ( couples therapy ) or are fighting against the inevitable breakdown of family life.

You may argue that has nothing to do with Emirates as we are all responsible for ourselves , you may be right, but lack of time time off, restricted leave and fatigue all have an affect.

cerbus
17th Dec 2010, 12:09
The divorce rate for Emirates pilots have skyrocketed. How many pilots have lost their wives or have had their families pack up and go back home?
Most pilots still stay because they think they make good money at EK. I dont care if you make $20,000 a month if you lose your family how much money are you going to have after the divorce and the wife gets half.
Plus is flying this much worth your health even if you manage to keep your wife. You might keep your family but not be around to enjoy your golden years with them because you are 6ft under.
think about the long term ramifications of working at Emirates.

BananaAir
17th Dec 2010, 12:27
This post should be re titled "Drunks At PPRUNE". You guys should stay away from the sauce around the holidays and especially when you are near computers! What a stupid post to start!
And as for the muppets who went on to post comments blaming Emirates for drunk driving, divorces, the price of cabbage at the shops, global warming etc, etc! Hopefully Santa will leave a different brain in your stockings other than the Abi Normal one he obviously left last year!

145qrh
17th Dec 2010, 12:35
Banaman your are a pratt..

fliion
17th Dec 2010, 14:40
Agree with M-rat 100%

For goodness sake leave this post alone...very silly indeed

f

The Outlaw
17th Dec 2010, 14:56
This has to be one of the dumbest threads I have ever seen here.

SOPS
17th Dec 2010, 15:55
Could not agree more

cerbus
17th Dec 2010, 16:26
Typical middle eastern crap. I think this thread reflects badly on EK so get rid of the thread.
Without doing any digging I would bet one month salary that EK has a higher proportional of pilots reporting drunk than any other airline. If EK is not the leader it is right up at the top.
It also goes saying about its divorce rate.
While it is immature to blame others for your problems when it gets right down to it the statistics are there for all to see except in the middle east where censorship is king.
Keep Recovering and keep your wife

QCM
17th Dec 2010, 16:36
:ugh:These guys are camels hiding their heads in the sand...I mean these guys starting such a thread...hey guys wake up,look the world around you,and compare the situation of any EK driver with the one of those loosing their job with high debts kids at school...etc...too much time on your PC/MACS guys go out and see how the world's doing:ugh: