PDA

View Full Version : Rwandair and Uganda Airlines

Flock1
13th Dec 2010, 14:35
Dear all,

I'm looking into booking some flights between Kampala and Kigali, and Kilagi to Mombasa. The only direct flights are with the airlines mentioned above.

Does anyone have any info about them i.e. are they pretty reliable? I'm only asking because I will be depending on one of these flight on getting me to Mombasa to catch an onward flight to Dubai.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Flock1

finncapt
13th Dec 2010, 15:11
As you can't answer that question yourself, I assume you have never been to (that part of) Africa.

I would leave yourself plenty of time for your connection, may be a day at least.

You may be lucky and the flight will go as scheduled but you may just be unlucky and someone with influence (may be in the government) may decide that he/she needs your aircraft for another purpose.

chiquidejesus
13th Dec 2010, 16:51
Emirates fly from Entebbe (uganda) to Dubai with a transit stop at Addis Ababa where you don't have to disembark the aircraft. Kampala to Entebbe is approx 45min-1hr drive.

Hartington
13th Dec 2010, 17:34
If your ticket from Mombasa is already booked, paid and issued you're buying a separate ticket to get to Mombasa. That's a separate contract. If your flight to Mombasa doesn't arrive in time to catch the flight to Dubai expect NO help from anyone and EXPECT to buy a new ticket on the next Mombasa/Dubai flight.

Therefore, plan to arrive in Mombasa on the flight before the one you actually need to then you've got a back up flight in hand and, given that this is Africa plan that the backup flight arrive at least 24 hours before the flight leaves to Dubai.

If all that means you have to leave Kampala 3 or even 4 days before the Mombasa departure so be it.

Flock1
30th Dec 2010, 15:39
Cheers for the replies, guys.

I have been to that part of the world before - Ethiopia, Tanzania, Swaziland etc, but have only ever flown airlines such as Ethiopian Airlines, Kenya Airways, and not the two smaller airlines I've mentioned.

All I wondered was whether anyone on here had flown with them and whether they were relatively reliable. And I also realise that different sectors will be separate contracts, thus the reason for asking whether they were reliable.

My proposed flight from Kigali - Mombassa will be on 13.04.10 and my onwards flight from Mombassa to Dubai will be on the 15.04.10, so more than 24 hours apart.

Rollingthunder
31st Dec 2010, 01:48
HaHaHaHaHaHaHa. How the crowd laughed. And by the way it will be 2011 in a day, so check your itinerary. 2010 is now T/X. Happy New Year.