PDA

View Full Version : PNG

goingwalkabout
11th Dec 2010, 10:27
Hi all, I'm heading to PNG tomorrow for a few days to look at some flying job opportunities. I have organised a few appointments but thought it might be a good idea to post something here just in case anyone has some good ideas. It's a genuine trip. Currently fly in Aus but have a desire to fly in PNG. Have 2000 hrs/600 multi PIC.

Any feed back would be welcomed and appreciated.

Thank you.

tinpis
12th Dec 2010, 01:26
Head straight for the Dero
But you know that...:hmm:
Keep us informed
Good Luck!

goingwalkabout
12th Dec 2010, 03:14
Thanks Tinpis I'll keep you posted!

Lukim yu go na i kambek fraide!

geeup
12th Dec 2010, 09:53
Good luck.
Better luck is at the Weigh Inn :p

Pinky the pilot
13th Dec 2010, 00:37
Someone I used to know had most of his luck at the Davara...:E

Not me though!:{

Chimbu chuckles
13th Dec 2010, 08:43
Someone I know had most of his luck on the esplanade in front of the Davara...not me I hasten to add.:eek:

Pinky the pilot
16th Dec 2010, 04:36
Someone I know had most of his luck on the esplanade in front of the Davara...

Well, he would have only spent about 2 kina then. Cheapskate!:yuk:

goingwalkabout
18th Dec 2010, 11:19
Crikey... where to start.....

Hey Tinpis I promised I'd keep you posted... so here goes...

Arrived up in Moresby sunday night and worked my tail off for four days organising appointments and meeting as many people as I could. I cannot speak highly enough of the people I came in contact with... friendly, helpful and just good, down to earth guys. I had a pretty good look around the city and enjoyed the place. It's not everyones cup of tea... but for me... I like it!!

I was very fortunate to secure an interview... and found out yesterday I got the job.

I return next month to start work.

I'm bloody stoked :-)

I'll let you know how I get on....

tinpis
18th Dec 2010, 20:46
Good show!
I came in contact with... friendly, helpful and just good, down to earth guys.

Oh, you didn't meet many pilots then? :hmm:

You will have a ball. Take care.

BalusKaptan
18th Dec 2010, 20:58
Mate,

You may dispare at times, wish you had never heard of the place, see no exit to better things etc!! It can be a strange place. I won't offer any advice as it is over 30+ years since my wife (and yes, still with the same wife) and I went to 'Plas belong balus' but dispite all the above feelings you will get at some stage, we still look back on our time there as some of the best times and experiences we had. Enjoy.....and yes there will be life beyond at some point, possibly well beyond what you thought was ever likely. Myself, now celebrating the start of my 21st year on the 74!
Go for it and take every enjoyment you can from it.
Good Luck.

tinpis
18th Dec 2010, 22:01
Er..Baluskaptan you ever work out of Wewak? :hmm:

splitty44
18th Dec 2010, 23:22
Good One Jam Tim!

tinpis
15th Jan 2011, 18:35
Well Walkabout, yer settled in yet?:hmm:

BalusKaptan
18th Jan 2011, 19:00
G'Day ... sorry been on leave but no never worked out of Wewak though passed through there from time to time if I recall correctly on charter to Inchcape who were involved in logging in the late 70s early 80s.

Foxtrot_Lima_Mike
19th Jan 2011, 13:39
Some advice on where to stay in PM? The hotels close to the airport are pretty expensive. Definitely way more than what it costs here in Oz.

Thanks in advance,
FLM

tinpis
19th Jan 2011, 19:02
They are probably "Rascal free"
How much would you pay not to have a demented Chimbu in your room swinging a machete?:hmm:

Chimbu chuckles
17th Feb 2011, 11:54
Yeah but it takes a bit to get me that pissed off:p

Pinky the pilot
17th Feb 2011, 23:20
And a pissed off Chuckles is not a pretty sight!:eek: The last time I saw him in that condition was in the Club Dero langtaim back when someone accidentally spilled his beer!!:uhoh:

tinpis
14th Apr 2011, 02:22
How is this wantok getting on?