PDA

View Full Version : Too much arrogance displayed by EK recruiters

jetzdrvr
9th Dec 2010, 01:01
I went the job fair in Dulles a few weeks ago. Mainly I went to talk to the Delta Airlines representative. There was about 150 pilots waiting in line for Delta and about 50 or so for Jetblue. How many pilots waiting in line to talk to Emirates? maybe 1 or 2. I went ahead and stopped by their table because I was curious to know about the 30 ton rule that they do not have on their website. Well sure enough, it is on a form they have you fill out when you talk to them. Not to mention the arrogance displayed by the recruiter. To tell pilots you want 30 tones or more while there is no one in line to talk to you is a lot of arrogance in my opinion.

Honestly, I think they are actually doing us a favor.because all the majors hire the majority of their guys from the regional pilot pools.

2011 is looking very good for all the regional pilots. Delta is planing to hire about 400 or more pilots, Jetblue 250, Southwest is hiring don't know the number. And others as well. Here's what really is bright. At Delta only, by 2020, 60% of their pilots will retire! That means if I get hired by Delta now, in 10 years from now, I will be in the top 40% of the seniority list!

The hiring listed above is just for 2011. By 2012 a lot of the retirements at all majors will start picking up.

6 months ago I was really eager to join Emirates and was hopping that they will drop the 30t requirement. Now I am happy, and I realized it was a blessing in disguise! I would rather work for an airline that has a Union, I get to bid for which airplane I want to be on, and has good travel benefits.

donpizmeov
9th Dec 2010, 01:06
I don't think its the recruiters fault that you don't have the min requirements to join EK Jet. Could it be arrogance on your part that you think they should lower the standard to take you? Just a thought.
The Don

jetzdrvr
9th Dec 2010, 01:26
Maybe you should go back and read my post again. Or do I need to translate for you? Or are you one of those chin-up EK pilots? I do not care to work for them anymore. I did before. So I do not care what they do with their requirements! And yes at this point when it comes to EK I am too arrogant for them, because the standards at EK are far below the standards at Delta, Southwest, Jetblue, or any of the airlines that are hiring in the US.

And by the way, there are plenty RJ drivers at EK right now that are itching to come back to the US once their contract is up.

Is that arrogance enough for you?

motley flight crue
9th Dec 2010, 02:35
Jet don't worry about the requirements, reading your posts you wouldn't get a job in EK anyway, pilots req'd yes, you no. Middle east thread, you've had your say, now stay in the greatest nation on earth!!!!!!

EGGW
9th Dec 2010, 03:46
I think this one is going to go nowhere fast.

CLOSED.

EGGW.