PDA

View Full Version : Jumping Airlines In The Uae

QAR
8th Dec 2010, 09:55
Hi guys,

Is there any rules if your in the UAE for pilots who wish to move from Emirates to Etihad to Air Arabia and vise versa?

Can someone confirm this

Thanks

typhoonpilot
8th Dec 2010, 16:04
There has been movement with no problem......

Etihad to Emirates
Emirates to Etihad
Midex to Emirates
Air Arabia to Emirates

....have all occured in the past. Just did a trip with a guy who was at Etihad for only 6 months and now at Emirates.

Typhoonpilot

Laker
8th Dec 2010, 19:42
Krugerflap,

You have bad information. Emirates has no restrictions on interviewing EY/Air Arabia/etc pilots.

KRUGERFLAP
8th Dec 2010, 19:53
:DSo, some guys in the recruitment are lying. - Previous post deleted.
:mad:

gipsy moth
9th Dec 2010, 16:17
3 years agreement to change between UAE airlines. Comfirmed by Emirates HR directly to me... I'm trying to change from ABY to EK, although screening can be done a 6 months before the completion of the 3 years.

Laker
10th Dec 2010, 06:20
gipsy,

That's not correct unless the policy changed yesterday. I think you are getting bad info...EY pilots with less than 3 years service are currently being recruited by Emirates.

yardman
11th Dec 2010, 07:57
It's a company to company policy with no set standard. EY to EK or vice versa has no restrictions. To go to EK from Air Arabia one has to have completed 3 years first. It wasn't always like that but it is now.

Yardman

gipsy moth
11th Dec 2010, 13:18
Copied and pasted from an e-mail from Emitares HR from September 15th:

Dear xxxxx,

In order to interview with us you should have completed 2 and a half years with Air Arabia, however you can only join after the completion of 3 years in the company. You can still start filling the online application which you can update with your recent hours once the time you can get an interview approaches.

Regards

xxxx

kotakota
11th Dec 2010, 14:11
I give it 2 years MAX . Then , an interview for a crossover GCC airline job , will feature a gentleman at the table with a cheque-book whose sole action will be to ask how much your bond is . Have not seen this for quite a few years , but IT IS coming .

gipsy moth
12th Dec 2010, 06:10
Unfortunately is not a matter of bond to change from ABT to EK. Many of us are not bonded anymore, is just an agreement between companies.
Some pilots passed the screening and are being hold in ABY waiting for their release letters.
I hope they are more needed and they cancel the agreement