PDA

View Full Version : Looking for B747 Simulator?

G3
13th Dec 2001, 01:42
Hi all:

Due to the recent US Anti-Terrorism Legislation. One needs 45 days pre-approval before flight training of non-US citizens may begin. Our company is in need of conducting recurrent training of 8 crews in the next 4 weeks. Does anyone know of a B747 classic sim. outside the US that is available for Dry Lease? Can you provide any contact details.

Thanks in advance,

G3

Bokomoko
13th Dec 2001, 03:51
G3, I'm not sure if Rumors & News is the right place for this question, but why don't you try Varig Brazilian Airlines? That airline has an almost new B747 Classic simulator in its Flight Training Center in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Varig no longer operates 747 and you can find a training schedule available easily.
For futher question send an e-mail to:
[email protected]
or Fax: 55 21 2468-1303
Good luck! :D

Mark Andrew Seymour
13th Dec 2001, 13:33
British Airways Flight Training, have got free time on a 747 Classic. The simulator is located in London. You can contact them on +44 208 5622012.

I hope that is some use....

JJflyer
13th Dec 2001, 17:33
Guess you are looking for a place to train for the Hajj.

As far as I know if you bring your own instructors 45 day rule does not apply. I am in Miami just finished a B727 P1 course and I had a lot of trouble with the new law.

Send me an Email please. I do not want to get into details about how this law is implemented on a public forum.

[email protected]

You did not mention wether this is for Classic or -400 but here it is in a nutshell.
There are several B747 sims in EU. Namely Lufthansa, British Airways, Iberia, Air France, and GECat to name a few. In Asia Thai International, Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Qantas, Air New Zealand being affordable and Garuda Indonesian probably the cheapest. Also Japan Airlines has a good facility but is very vey expensive

Cheers