PDA

View Full Version : Help please. Temp Job @ YSSY

Jo nathan
5th Dec 2010, 11:45
Gday, looking for some help please.

Im a fresh CPL and I am trying to save as much as possible before I head up north next year.

Can anyone lead me in the direction of getting a job airside at Mascot?

Maybe refueling?? or even baggage handling?? Whatever, whenever...

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers :ok:

wheels_down
5th Dec 2010, 18:00
Best chances would be at Aerocare on domestic, they seem to be continually hiring.

Jack Ranga
5th Dec 2010, 20:42
You'd get paid more, be treated with more respect and learn a better work ethic at macca's :ok:

GADRIVR
6th Dec 2010, 04:03
Try Toll at YSBK and Australian Air Express at YSSY.

Jo nathan
6th Dec 2010, 10:08
Thankyou!!

RampDog
7th Dec 2010, 05:50
Jack Ranga's absolutely right, but as they say no pain no gain! Be warned, to work in any operational area of Aussie aviation, you must be prepared to cop plenty of pain for not much gain. If you are strong, persistant, stoic, dedicated to your goals and have a second job :\ while working up your experience levels and "networks", you will find in 20 or so years time that you will have created a "career" for yourself in Oz aviation.
What I am trying to say is that success does not happen overnight, and that will apply to any job or career you chose! In picking aviation as your chosen field, you are entering one of the most competitive/cut-throat businesses in the country, where at this time in the 21st Century the focus is entirely on slashing wages and jobs in order to maximise profits. There is not one airline business/contractor that can honestly boast that they can boost their profits by providing better service and products while also improving or maintaining their employees conditions and pay. Unfortunately this is the reality, but having said all that, most people will also tell you that it's better than working "outside the fence".
Good luck from an old dog, never give up on your dreams :ok: