PDA

View Full Version : Becoming a pilot in Qatar Airways

nawafsharaf
4th Dec 2010, 08:02
Hi, I am an Aeronautical Engineering Graduate.I am in Qatar. Becoming a Pilot is one of my greatest ambtion. U guys out there, please help me with my doubts.
I met a guy Flight Ops (Qatar Airways) and asked about the requirements. He told me to get a Frozen ATPL from a good flight school and he'll take me. He didnt mention anything about the Type Ratings.How likely is to get a job in Airlines after i finish my flight school? Is it worth risking money? And how likely are non-type rated pilots taken into major Airlines like Qatar Airways? Does my Aeronautical Degree can do any benefit?

looking forward for Answers. I've many more doubts.
(sorry for my poor english!)

Ellie Vator
4th Dec 2010, 10:49
Hi nawafsharaf.

I suggest that you have a look at Qatar Airways website under Careers/Flight Deck/Requirements.

Whilst they do take non type rated pilots their requirements for Second Officers are as follows:- Minimum of 1,500 hours in Modern Multi Pilot Turbo-Prop greater than 12,000kg MTOW.

So it will be the usual problem for you. A Frozen ATPL is only the first stage. Don't buy a type rating unless it is with your employer and you have a definite guarantee of employment, as a Type rating without any experience on type is, I'm afraid, worthless.

Good luck in your endeavours.