PDA

View Full Version : Corporate Aviation

socks and thongs
2nd Dec 2010, 23:12
Hi all,

I was just hoping someone might be able to shed some light on what it takes to crack the corporate aviation market. I've been working in ga for a few years (all single pilot stuff), and have been looking at engineering my career in the direction of corporate aviation. I started in ga to work towards an airline but I have had such a good time I don't really want to do the airline thing anymore, and the corporate aviation side of GA is where I want to head.

What sort of experience do the bizjet operators look for? Would someone with my experience be eligible with ~3khrs, 2k multi (all piston though) or would I have to go and fish for some turbine time first? I know fresh cpl's can jump into the right hand seat (exception v the rule) but I want to know what I need to get to be competitive for a normal entry for a joe bloggs like myself off the street.

How does one go about applying for one of these positions too? Is it a matter of simply waiting for a job advert or actively contacting the operators around the traps? Or indeed is it a matter of simply knowing the right people?

Any input would be very much appreciated, constructive or otherwise.
Cheers in advance