PDA

View Full Version : 50 hr rental deal south west?

englishal
2nd Dec 2010, 05:58
I have a buddy who is looking to rent an aeroplane for 50 hrs of hourbuilding in the south west UK. Does anyone know of anywhere who is willing to do a block booking of 50 hrs and how much they charge per hour?

Thanks....

Southwestnewbie
2nd Dec 2010, 08:45
Hey,

Check out bigredkite, I understand that he does some good deals, you take the plane, pay the hours then return back to base, i understand that it is very reasonable, worth checking out.

gijoe
2nd Dec 2010, 10:06
Englishal,

SRWN at Henstridge have a Grumman AA5 that they sometimes give to owners that fly their aircraft in for maintenance in order to return to their bases. It is a tidy and nippy little aircraft that is a delight to fly. The benefit of a 4-seater over a 2 would be the ability to take mates along.

I know that they are keen to rent out the AA5 for block deals and I am sure it will be as good, if not better, deal than the one stated above.

Give your pal a nudge to ring Sandra at SRWN (number is on their website) and to have a chat with her or get them to send me a PM.

G:ok:

Pom pom
2nd Dec 2010, 10:43
Hi.

I rented an old but tidy PA28 (140 but with a new 160hp engine, plunger throttle, ceiling trim etc) from a chap down at Bournemouth during the summer (distant memory!) for £50 per hour dry. It was only for about 15 hours, so perhaps you'd get it a bit cheaper for 50 hours. If you want to PM me I can find his details and forward them to you.

Regards, PP

englishal
2nd Dec 2010, 11:21
Thanks guys,

Thanks gijoe, I gave SRWN a call and they said they'd rent out the AA5 for 44quid an hour on a 50 hr block booking (dry) rate which is a pretty good deal if you ask me.

I have flown the AA5 before and it is a lovely handling aeroplane, and no disrespect to PA28 drivers, it is performs much better. I have now put my buddy in contact with them....

Cheers

gijoe
2nd Dec 2010, 20:42
If your mate does prefer the PA28 I believe that they will have one of those up and running as well soon.

I hope it works out.

:ok: