PDA

View Full Version : ASIC changes - for the better

YPJT
1st Dec 2010, 08:55
Well at least the powers have listened to industry on a couple of matters pertaining to the ASIC. If you were hoping that they were going to do away with them, I'm afraid you are going to be bitterly disappointed.

The changes that came into effect today though include:

Change to the expiry date of a card. A card will now expire two years from the end of the month in which the security clearance was granted. For example if your clearance is granted on 15 Dec 2010. The card will expire on 31 Dec 2012. Under the old system it would have expired on 30 Nov 2012. Remember though, this only relates to the security clearance and does not take into account how long an issuing body takes to get your card printed and delivered to you.

Re-Issue of a card Where a holder has had to surrender their card due to leaving employment or voluntarily surrendered, another issuing body will be able to re-issue a new card for the duration of the security clearance.
The card can also be transferred from one issuing body to another.

There were some other changes to the system but the above two were the main ones.

Joker 10
1st Dec 2010, 09:04
How about getting rid of the ridiculous piece of useless plastic for other than Capital city Airports

Biggles_in_Oz
1st Dec 2010, 09:50
FANTASTIC !!!!!!!

What a WONDERFULL and SIGNIFICANT improvement of the system that is keeping us all SAFE !!!!!!!

May the dieties bless the hard working bureaucrats along with the minister for transport.
I extend my VERY SPECIAL thoughts to them all.

THREE CHEERS !!.

ravan
1st Dec 2010, 10:31
I'm with Biggles....I will sleep much better tonight knowing that the bureaucrats have been working so hard to ensure my safety!!

Joker 10
1st Dec 2010, 11:08
ASIC for General Aviationnothing to do with Safety in Aviation, all to do with ridiculous Threat predicition at Dubbo, St George , Geraldton, Thargominda and the rest of inland Australia.

polair911
2nd Dec 2010, 22:28
Does that mean they're gonna jack up the price for issuing a card to us now?? Seems like they put in abit of effort regarding the change :E

YPJT
2nd Dec 2010, 23:07
Polair911,
I can't imagine any of the changes resulting in a cost increase. In fact Auscheck lowered the security background checking fee from $88 down to $81 some time back. I'll bet that wasn't passed onto end users by Issuing Bodies.:E

It's a shame that these changes have taken 12 months since the release of the white paper, to be implemented. Couldn't agree more that ASICs are a pain in the a$$ but the changes at least remove some of the gross anomalies that were associated with the validity and transfer.