PDA

View Full Version : Percival Proctor G-AHWZ / VP-TBR

Madbob
30th Nov 2010, 16:59
I'm trying to trace the history /status of this aircraft and hope that this might be the place to start.......

The history I have is that it was owned by Captain Garth Lyder in Trinidad and I last saw it around 40 years ago in the Light Aeroplane Club at Piarco. (Its owner was a local pilot who had a distinguished war record in the RAF coming home with a well-earned DFC and was an equally well respected airline pilot with BWIA until 1974.) I think he is still alive and living in the UK.....

It may have been scrapped by now and all trace gone but a rumour I have heard is that it was sold and imported to the USA. When I last saw it was intact, with wings folded and on its own wheels but with deflated tyres and covered in dust and grime and clearly had not flown for years. I suspect that it last flew in the mid-60's and the tropical climate won't have been kind to the structure what with casein glue and spruce/fabric.

It would be interesting to find out if it is now in a museum or still a potential restoration project. Any leads or pictures would be much appreciated.

MB

T-21
1st Dec 2010, 20:12
Some mention of this aircraft on page 2 here http://www.ab-ix.co.uk/percival%20survey.pdf