PDA

View Full Version : Another EY A320 Bad Roster

frieghtdog
25th Nov 2010, 15:24
I don't believe this is a computer generated results, they had to screw this one up and play with our lifes, EY wasted lots of money on software they are afraid to use or too arrogant to use.
how long this sh....t is going to last?

EagleA25
25th Nov 2010, 16:06
Hey Freight Dog

Sorry to ask, but how does an EY Roster look like in the 320 Fleet?

Eagle

Nightfire
25th Nov 2010, 18:36
I'm fine with my roster. Flying just as much as always, but got my ROFFs the way I wanted (well, at least two days out of four, which is more or less normal). No complaints from my side.

White Knight
25th Nov 2010, 20:09
how long this sh....t is going to last?

How long is a piece of EY string????

I'm just here to stir by the way:E:E:{

quack
26th Nov 2010, 05:30
"but got my ROFFs the way I wanted" ????

so you requested 4 and only got 2 and this is what you wanted??? and is acceptable???
with that attitude of acceptance for the current system things will never change and those crew planners will be laughing all the way to the January roster.

Sheikh al Arse
26th Nov 2010, 06:35
Yes if we all accept half of what we requested, how can we expect things to get better? If you're happy with that then why would EY change anything?
Simply, this roster system is very good, it's just that CC and SG are too incompetent and don't know how to use it? If CC spent as much time on the rostering and Request system as he does sucking back cigarettes:mad:, no doubt things would be better.:D
I have friends who are working under this system and they get everything they request and it's well balanced. That said, they are working for a proper international airline who value their employees and not the kind who work their roster system to the limits set in the regulations. When will EY understand limits are not standards to build a roster eg only giving us 7 days off max, because that's what written in the document. Then of course calling you on days off to fly. Scary thing is these clowns have worked in other airlines before, so they should have some idea. Have a look at the other major carriers around who's pilots are flying 75-80hrs a month and still manage to get 12 days off, if not more, and sometimes 7-10 in a row. All these pilots are still doing close to 900hrs a year.
But in the end let's face it, it's Dicky Hill who is to blame. We are short of crew and it doesn't matter what million dollar program you are running, you simply cannot make a roster work without crew. Im sure everyone who reads this has been called on a day off to work and if you do go in then you are just building Dicky's bonus, it's all up to you, because if you think the company is gonna look after you, dream on…:ugh:

iflysky
26th Nov 2010, 09:53
Totally agree. It's not the system, but the operator who is to blame for all of this and its starts all the way at the top.

FlyByWire1
26th Nov 2010, 20:13
Just don't answer the calls from CC...It's your OFF days man..Think long term not short term leave the short term decisions making to the management it's their forte anyway...
I spoke to one guy from CC telling him it's becoming 2007 all over again asking if it's temporary and he said "what temporary it's going to be permanent".I asked why he said we sent numerous emails to the respective dept asking for more crews but they say "we can manage"
As to date they are 47 resignations and more in the pipeline with offers coming from other continents plus the declining mighty dollar translate to indirect paycut and the boss can say "these numbers does not significantly affect an Expat Airline".
Now even the management pilots are flying more than they like too having to do their office work on the bus table....commitment...airbus must have done research purpose for the table...:}
It's not paradise here even if it's not bad we all come here for the money, career progression, quality of life,etc,etc,etc...Take most of it away what is left??? sand..more sand...more sand...unless one day it turn into gold..
All this current practises or knee jerk actions are all seems too familliar and I guess most of know what the outcome will be.Once the 'push' factor becomes greater than the 'pull' factor exodus will begin..
What to do the airline industry has shown 'green shots of recovery' for all of you highly paid glorified bus drivers'..:}

DesertHawk
28th Nov 2010, 16:31
Atleast EY is moving forward and implementing a bidding sytem that is INTERNATIONALLY used. When a new sytem is introduced teething problems are expected. Most guys hired at EK take 6 months to master exactly how to bid to get what they want. Just my 2 cents. At GF we wish we had SG back.

ThreeStones
29th Nov 2010, 02:28
Dear Captains,

· Rishworth Aviation is the largest provider of pilots to Beijing Capital Airlines (previously known as Deer Air)
· We have pilots who have been on contract with the airline for over 2 years.
· We provide our pilots with excellent support whilst on contract in China and facilitate communications with the airline (our China representative, Jim Zhang, is a fluent Chinese/English speaker).
· We provide you with world class Global Medical Insurance (covering you anywhere in the world you are working/travelling to and when you are in your home country) as part of your contract at no cost to you.

The airline has announced they will be holding screenings in Beijing in December on the following dates:

December 6th – 10th and

December 13th – 17th

Start date will be as soon as possible.

Note: Beijing Capital will continue to hold screenings next year so if you are unable to attend in December please contact us to secure your slot for January or February 2011.

Please refer to the brief attached for further details.

Total payment (net/after tax in China):

US$ 16,333 -made up of:

+ US$14,000 base per month
+ US$ 833 travel allowance (US$ 5,000 reimbursement paid every 6 months)+ US$ 1,000 completion bonus (US$24,000 paid at the end of 24 months of service)
+ US$ 500 flight safety bonus (US$ 6,000 discretionary paid at the end of each year)

Base Residence:
Beijing, Guangzhou or Xian and Sanya (possibly in the future), your base preference will be accommodated where possible.

Days Off/Leave:
You will be provided with 14 consecutive days off after every 6 weeks on duty.
Contract Term:
This is a 2 year assignment with extensions.

Minimum requirements:

500+ PIC hours on (A318/ A319/ A320)
4,000+ hours total time
Last flight on A320 within last 12 months
Aged under 56 years