PDA

View Full Version : Chinook Tenbury Wells 24/11/10

JAVELINBOY
24th Nov 2010, 17:36
Driving through Tenbury Wells this morning and low and behold what do I see in a
field next to the main road one very static Chinook.

Seems a precautionary landing 4 or 5 pm Tuesday
Worcester Evening News report at the end of this link if it works
Chinook helicopter lands in field near Tenbury Wells (From Worcester News) (http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/local/8684569.Chinook_lands_in_Tenbury_Wells/)

Glad to see it was carried out without injury or damage.

wiggy
24th Nov 2010, 21:16
Have more respect, not a lot happens in Tenbury Wells - I should know, I was born and brought up there (well somebody had to be) - so let it have it's ten minutes of fame.........

Always a Sapper
24th Nov 2010, 22:44
Have more respect, not a lot happens in Tenbury Wells - I should know, I was born and brought up there (well somebody had to be) - so let it have it's ten minutes of fame.........

In that case it's going to have another moment or two of fame... something along the lines of 'Chinook takes of from local field' might even get 'low flying Chinook blows down garden sheds & green houses having just taken off from local field' :E

Of course, theres always the old fav.... 'knackerd old chopper holds up rush hour traffic while getting dragged out of local field by equally knacked old truck' :rolleyes:

VX275
25th Nov 2010, 08:03
Are we sure it didn't just land there to pick up the Holly and Mistletoe for the Mess Christmas decorations from Tenbury Market?

TorqueOfTheDevil
25th Nov 2010, 08:45
Are we sure it didn't just land there to pick up the Holly and Mistletoe for the Mess Christmas decorations from Tenbury Market?

Yes, because the Mess decs are normally collected from Alnwick market:E

barnstormer1968
25th Nov 2010, 09:28
At least the article said the the Chinook 'was manned by an RAF crew'

So that should keep some happy, unless the crew was not ALL male or all RAF!:E

newt
25th Nov 2010, 10:24
Would "Crewed by the military" be correct barnstormer? When will this madness end!!:ugh:

sled dog
26th Nov 2010, 08:43
I assume it missed the Primary School and Hospital as the pilot wrestled with the controls.....

barnstormer1968
26th Nov 2010, 17:51
newt.

I was referring to the fact that Chinooks are regularly attributed to the army (as are all helicopters) in the popular media, and although the article does not say which service the Chinook came from, at least it got the crew's service correct.

Am I to assume you thought I was trying to be politically correct?