PDA

View Full Version : CASA Annual Report 2009 - 2010

Stikybeke
24th Nov 2010, 00:12
I've just been browsing through the CASA Annual report that I found on CASA's website and was quite amazed to read the following stats....

On 30 June 2010, CASA marked the first full year of
our random drug and alcohol testing program. At that
point, 10,193 alcohol tests and 9,484 drug tests had
been undertaken by CASA.

I haven't heard of anyone who's tested positive or failed one of these tests yet. If anyone did what sort of a fine did they get? Actually has anyone not made the grade or this just hype?

Stiky
:suspect:

thorn bird
24th Nov 2010, 00:39
RUMOUR has it they spent over $35 million to put the whole "DAMP" thing is place, thats not counting what the industry had to spent to comply.
Rumour also has it that only six were caught in their random testing, none of whom were aircrew.
D.A.M.P. "Drug & Alcohol MANAGEMENT Program"...dosnt sound like there was much of a problem to manage in the first place...Hmm.. 35 Million for six caught??..that makes five million per Felon..dosnt sound much like responsible spending of tax payers money either.
Bit like the $ 200 Odd million spent so far on regulatory reform with nothing to show for it after 20 odd years except a whole section of the industry in terminal decline, no measurable improvement in safety, Indudtry hostility everwhere, blatant malfience by the regulator proven in court, rumours of corruption in high places,and no closer to a complete, workable, ICAO compliant set of reg's anywhere in sight, just promises of more unworkable B..sh..t to come. Where the hell is mainstream media??
Anything else they would be baying for a Royal Commission!!

Old Akro
24th Nov 2010, 02:55
I just knew reading this thread would upset me. How do we get bodies that are so unaccountable for our money that they spend.

Frank Arouet
24th Nov 2010, 03:21
I just knew reading this thread would upset me.

I concur.

A bloody disgrace, but predictable.:*

Kharon
24th Nov 2010, 05:30
It's the only answer. The FAA has to promote and foster, or something like it. Perhaps if they had a clear guide they could do their bit properly, instead of the current confrontational, accusatory bull they carry on with.

Every case should result in a SAFETY BASED OUTCOME, justified as cost effective. Not used to feed the ego of some corporate psychopath.

Crucifixion, one cross each, second door on the left. (Monty Python).

Arrgh, I'm with Akro, should have had more sense than to look at the wretched thing. Never mind, next year is an audit year, they will not talk their way out of a second hammering, nearly downgraded last time around. this year, perhaps good sense will prevail, downgrade may be a blessing in disguise. :ugh:

Stikybeke
24th Nov 2010, 20:51
Sorry to all but I've read some more of this now and if you really want to start to wonder go to the Appendices at the end of the report and check out Table D.13 (Consultant costs.) For an organisation that has a published staff of 701 they sure do spend some dollars outsourcing and getting consultation...hang on, actually they spent $2,351,416.00 to be exact.

Amongst the lengthy list my personal favourite is $28,750 well spent on "Advisory services for alcohol and other drugs issue management and provision of strategic advice for a communication strategy"

I think they might have got ripped off with that one as I (for one) am still wondering what strategic advice for a communication strategy actually means.

Stiky
:ooh:

Captain Dart
24th Nov 2010, 21:02
Remember the mass-mail-out of the error-filled DAMP calendar, which had so many errors it looked like it had been designed and proof-read by drunks itself? Your taxes and fees at work, folks.

Turban
24th Nov 2010, 21:25
Where the hell is mainstream media??

I wish I knew :mad:

This could be some kind of apocalypse movie, or a big joke like "Mr Bean President" but no wait, it's real . :ooh:

H*lly cr*p :eek:

Jabawocky
24th Nov 2010, 23:00
Double DOH!

CASA's performance and twice this week I am agreeing with Frakie! :eek:

No Frank.....I am not talking about ADSB ;) don't get too excited!

And what resulted from the last inquiry into CASA.........anyone know?

Kharon
25th Nov 2010, 01:54
Re edited and relocating to a new thread. The quick red fox and lazt brown dog etc.

Frank Arouet
25th Nov 2010, 03:03
Strewth!

If the Authority is allowed to continue in this manner, without a realistic system for the industry to hold individuals properly responsible for their actions, it will completely destroy the Authorities marginal credibility

And exactly, who is going to stop them continuing in an irresponsible and unrealistic manner, and who is going to take them on and make them responsible for their actions?

Do I hear the sound of a thousand signatures being penned to a "public interest and test case scheme" application, or is that just the noisy sound of apathy?:(

Rose_Thorns
25th Nov 2010, 03:16
How long is this industry going sit on it's collective hands, hoping they will not be noticed.

You will be, sooner or later. It's not a matter of if, only when.

You can run, but you can't hide. (Jack Dempsey).

We pay, and pay dearly for this safety oriented service.

John Langmead, come on down.

Help, help, I'm being repressed. Now you see the violence inherent in the system. (Life of Brian)

Frank Arouet
25th Nov 2010, 04:35
You won't get Langmead unless you have many, many, non anectdotal ,signatures and a majority prepared to put their names to their legitimate, (not perceived), current complaint for a public interest and test case scheme funded with public money.

It's "THE ONLY" way. - You have to meet public funded money with public funded money. (Ask any land rights activist, minority religious group, disabled left handed communist poofta greenie what they reckon).

No lawyer bashing jokes, but simple fact of life in the big scheme of our distorted legal system.

To all you lazy apathetic pricks, stop whinging about it and do something!

PM me if you want ME to start something even if it's just collating evidence, sifting wheat from chaff, or just collecting signatures to pass on. I do know lots of people.

I'm as game as Ned Kelly, I have nothing to lose, and I do have a record. But if you are not 100% serious don't stuff me around.

Better still, someone start a new thread to this effect and get it "sticky'd",

Your call people. I dare somebody.