PDA

View Full Version : Onya Jetstar!

Jack Ranga
21st Nov 2010, 03:17
"I notice that Jetstar is running a competition for travel stories. Here's mine which I doubt will win. It's a true story. I was flying from Christchurch to Melbourne. I am 60 and a regular flyer, but I have never faced such aggression from cabin crew nor have I seen it directed at anybody else. I was sitting in the front row, boarded last and found that the overhead luggage bins near my seat were full. The attendant asked me to hang onto my bag for a moment. When he came to take it he said that he would place my bag down the back. I asked how I would get it back when we landed. He said that I would have to wait until everybody else had deplaned, I said that I would prefer to have my bag closer. He said "If you don't f_cking like it, then get off the f_ucking plane". When I wrote and complained to Jetstar, I received a $7 gift voucher which can only be redeemed if I book another Jetstar flight. As if". Name withheld (by me!)."

P!ssed myself when I read this, I've got a flight attendant friend who transferred from Jetstar to QF. Was wondering why ex Jetstar employees are allowed to 'pollute' the Qantas workplace but ex Qantas employees are not allowed to 'pollute' the Jetstar workplace.

You must be proud of this Buchannan/Joyce?

Roxy_Chick_1989
21st Nov 2010, 08:36
Will pass this on to one of my JQ mates.

Good laugh.

polair911
21st Nov 2010, 23:29
:ooh:gotta love the customer service¬¬¬

psycho joe
22nd Nov 2010, 01:28
He said "If you don't f_cking like it, then get off the f_ucking plane".

I would have done exactly that, at my own pace. Good luck with duty times and OTP When they have to spend the next hour looking for the 'f_cking' checked baggage. :p

18-Wheeler
22nd Nov 2010, 01:39
I would have done exactly that, at my own pace. Good luck with duty times and OTP When they have to spend the next hour looking for the 'f_cking' checked baggage.

Especially when they've upset you so much that you can't remember what your bag looks like, so they have to pretty much empty the entire plane to get to it.
;)

waren9
22nd Nov 2010, 11:31
Its barcoded mate with your name on it. They know which bag is in which can so they go straight to the can that its in and take it off. Can still be a 20 min job tho'.

B772
24th Nov 2010, 23:55
With the discount offered for "no checked bag" I would expect there is an increase in the number and weight of cabin bags causing a problem on full flights.

PA39
25th Nov 2010, 00:15
Jetstar....care factor -10. Recently on a trip Stateside with AA I observed a mother request a flight attendant to fill up her baby's bottle with water. The atendant flatly refused! When I questioned why she wouldn't give the baby some water. she replied "because there won't be enough left for the other passengers" !! go figure.

I suggested the mother lodge a formal complaint to the airline office in NY and i would be her witness..... she received a $500 cheque. :ok:

mic310
25th Nov 2010, 03:16
He didn't work for Jet Blue a few months ago??:}

VH-XXX
25th Nov 2010, 04:09
With all due respect to the original poster I would suggest that had the "f" word be used in this instance that the crew would probably no longer be employed there and a better arrangement would have been reached.

Good story but not entirely believable.

Jabiman
25th Nov 2010, 05:18
I was trying to find this story on the web where it had originally appeared but it seems to have been expunged though i did come across this one:
Jetstar captain's safety concern (http://www.watoday.com.au/travel/travel-news/jetstar-captains-safety-concern-20101114-17spd.html)

Jetstar captain's safety concern

Matt O'Sullivan

November 15, 2010

A JETSTAR training captain has raised concerns about safety standards at the low-cost airline, claiming some cabin crew are not properly trained for emergencies and that its safety department is not adequately resourced.
In a submission to a senate inquiry into aviation training and standards, Geoff Klouth said the airline, a Qantas subsidiary, had reduced the amount of time spent on training flight attendants, resulting in some cabin crew completing their courses without operating on its A321 aircraft.
''They have been unable to 'arm' doors. Arming the doors is necessary to allow for the automatic deployment of the emergency escape slide if the aircraft has to be evacuated,'' he said in his submission.
Advertisement: Story continues below
Mr Klouth, a Jetstar pilot and a former senior accident investigator at the Australian Transport Safety Bureau, said captains had stood down some flight attendants because of their lack of safety training for the A321s, which was a ''symptom of the reduction [by Jetstar] in resources and training''.
But Jetstar spokesman Simon Westaway said the airline demanded its flight attendants meet the highest of safety standards and this had been the case since it was launched in 2003.
''We require a very high standard … and we stand by the training regime we have in place,'' he said. ''We have sound resourcing right across the business, including in our safety department.''
Mr Klouth was a fleet investigator in Jetstar's safety department when one of its aircraft made an aborted landing in Melbourne on June 21, 2007.
Although he said there was not a ''deliberate attempt to conceal information'', there were ''no protocols that required the ATSB to be informed of subsequent information'' about the incident.
His role as a fleet investigator was a part-time position as he was also a first officer.
He wants airline safety departments to be forced to send copies of any internal investigation to the safety bureau. ''Not all incidents that have been investigated by Jetstar have been reported to the ATSB,'' he said.
Mr Westaway said the airline provided up to 40 per cent more incident reports to the ATSB than it was required to, and the safety bureau had issued a final report in March about the Melbourne incident. ''We stand steadfastly by the safety culture - you only have to look at our record,'' he said.
The inquiry will begin hearings in Sydney on December 1.

Mstr Caution
25th Nov 2010, 07:58
He wants airline safety departments to be forced to send copies of any internal investigation to the safety bureau. ''Not all incidents that have been investigated by Jetstar have been reported to the ATSB,'' he said.

I'd be inclined to believe a statement from a investigator in Jetstar's safety department, as opposed to the media spokesperson.

waren9
25th Nov 2010, 21:58
''We stand steadfastly by the safety culture - you only have to look at our record,'' he said.

Jetstars record aint flash. If by "our record" he means they haven't killed anyone yet, well there are lots of people within that think its only a matter of time.

Buchanan has less aviation experience than the most junior pilot.

Artificial Horizon
26th Nov 2010, 08:54
By the same token Qantas has been trading on the 'we haven't killed anyone yet' line for years now, what is the difference??

Animalclub
27th Nov 2010, 06:50
You will find on other threads that Qantas have had fatalities... but not since they became an all jet airline.