PDA

View Full Version : Oh, not another whinge fest.

harrowing
20th Nov 2010, 00:48
Tidbinbilla,
With respect, I believe there is a lot of benefit to be derived from some of the so called whinge threads such as the pending clearance, if available, ready in turn, maintaining/maintains, on climb, pre-emptive taxi and departure calls and the like.
These get people thinking about some of the unnecessary, superfluous, unwanted, unwelcome and often needless colloquialisms that creep into our parlance. By the way, that was sardonic not sarcastic.
I know there have been numerous threads about poor radio procedures and I gather you consider the topic has been flogged to death, HOWEVER, the infiltration of the isms continues and needs to be curbed, IMHO.
So often, these little deviations creep in like a virus and spread.:ugh:
Sometimes the only way another aviator can be judged is by what is heard on the radio, and when that is less than perfect the thought arises of what else is being treated with nonchalance.
I really enjoyed a thread about poor usage of the language being unimportant for pilots and a response from an ex-CP who commented that a lot of poorly written CVs went straight to the WPB.
Perhaps people vary in their approach to professionalism and pride in doing a job properly.
Off my high horse, before I get shot down in flames.

DeathStar-Alpha
20th Nov 2010, 00:53
well said! :ok:

NoseGear
20th Nov 2010, 01:18
Well I for one am FULLY ready for this thread!!:E:}:ok:

Skynews
20th Nov 2010, 01:22
It would be a he'll of a lot more constructive than the, my companies better than your company threads that populate this place.

Towering Q
21st Nov 2010, 00:48
I too was a little disappointed to see that thread closed so quickly. Despite the sometimes petty nature of the discussion, I nearly always learnt something new, especially when the odd ATCer jumped in to clarify things.

tail wheel
21st Nov 2010, 01:39
Is Australian pilot training so deficient that pilots must turn to PPRuNe to learn basic wireless communication skills? :confused:

I do not agree that has ever been our PPRuNe role! :=

Towering Q
21st Nov 2010, 04:20
I'm not suggesting that this is the role of PPRuNe, and if I require absolute clarification, I'll drag out the Jepps.

However, I don't see the harm in this forum providing a supplementary form of information and enhancing debate between colleagues.