PDA

View Full Version : FAA Visit to GCAA....

Kapitanleutnant
18th Nov 2010, 07:34
Anyone heard anything about the inspection... good, bad or otherwise?

Is the GCAA being downgraded to Cat 2 status?

Good thing EK got those new routes to LAX and IAH..... just in time!

K

donpizmeov
18th Nov 2010, 08:09
It was passed with no findings. So all stays the same.

The Don

aeroground
18th Nov 2010, 09:59
The GCAA were very active the week before the FAA even working the weekend, ( a first for them) to get there files up to date with assistance of operators. Lets wait to hear official verdict

GoreTex
18th Nov 2010, 23:05
where does GCAA end and EK start, its the same thing, I flew with a GCAA inspector once and he told me in my face that EK makes the rules.

muppet in the sky
19th Nov 2010, 05:37
Gore Tex,

What did you expect, the Chairman of Emirates is also a board member in the GCAA. Just a slight conflict of interest there :}

411A
19th Nov 2010, 06:32
It was passed with no findings. So all stays the same.

If true, hardly surprising.
The FAA is not especially interested in long pilot duty periods (just as one example) with foreign airlines that operate to the USA, until...an accident occurs (in the USA), and there are multiple dead bodies to count.
Then, and only then, will they sit up and take notice.
I flew with a GCAA inspector once and he told me in my face that EK makes the rules.
Hardly surprising.
I was told the same thing by an Indian DGCA inspector some years ago that Air India called the shots...and so they did.
Those folks that come to a foreign airline to work, will absolutely not change anything...never have, never will
Get used to it.

White Knight
19th Nov 2010, 18:25
What did you expect, the Chairman of Emirates is also a board member in the GCAA. Just a slight conflict of interest there

Um no - he's chairman of the DGCA I believe (the Dubai airport authority) and not the GCAA which is actually a federal entity rather than an emirates based outfit:ugh:
Muppet - you're making a bit of an idiot of yourself, with this and the 380 thread:D:D

Uncle Wiggily
19th Nov 2010, 18:34
It was passed with no findings

American government agencies are the Arabs' bitches. Nothing new.

Sataybox
19th Nov 2010, 18:40
Um no - he's chairman of the DGCA I believe (the Dubai airport authority) and not the GCAA

Careful who you're calling an idiot...

The individual to whom you refer is with the Dubai DCA (Dept of Civil Aviation), not the DGCA (an indian organisation) or the GCAA.

White Knight
19th Nov 2010, 18:57
LOL - I knew I'd get it wrong:cool: The DCA is what I mean!!!!

But then, I don't mind being called an idiot:E:E

Instant Hooligan
20th Nov 2010, 03:17
WK,
Muppet stated he was a member of the board for the GCAA.

Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_bin_Saeed_Al_Maktoum)

Check the 6th line down. He is the head of the Dubai Authority and also a memeber of the board GCAA. If you believe wiki of course???

Regards

Gulfstreamaviator
20th Nov 2010, 04:24
There is no such thing as seperation, never will be, so dont hold your breath.

glf

SassyPilotsWife
24th Nov 2010, 04:24
Actually he's with the NBA, and on the board of the CIA. His brother is president of the NRA and cousin to the leader of the AMA (for some reason I have visions of Abbot & Costello on a baseball field right now). :rolleyes:

And in conclusion, you're all correct about one thing. This is the ME and it will NEVER change. :ugh:

galactica
24th Nov 2010, 07:00
I read all replies on this thread and I learn nothing, nothing except most look like you have been assimilated by the FOM /OMA philosophy,
heuu, no, there was an IF, it was a SHALL, but also an IF, MAY BE, AND EXCEPTIONNALLY also MAJOR UNCONTROLABLE Circumstance, you are write, he is wrong and bla bla bla.

Stop looking to correct each other, and bring some news, when you have some. It sometimes looks like a bunch of pilot’s wife around a coffee.

SassyPilotsWife
25th Nov 2010, 08:09
Hey! I resemble that remark ;)

Starbucks anyone ?

4HolerPoler
25th Nov 2010, 12:18
I hate to break it to you ma'am but this is a forum for professional pilots or other aviation professionals - if you want to hijack threads with sassy comments or hook up with someone for a coffee then you're on the wrong site. Your meaningful contribution is welcomed but please consider the company that you're in.

Togalk
25th Nov 2010, 18:36
ooooh thats a little harsh isnt it 4HP? I'd rather read Sassy's comments more then anything 411A has to say, even if she did marry a Muhammed.

Buford
26th Nov 2010, 03:44
I agree with the previous post. Considering the low level of discourse and generally poor professionalism demonstrated on many posts in this forum you decide to wrist slap a minor comment like that? How about some consistency in moderation 4HP, because I find that a far greater problem around here than her mild comments.....

MrMachfivepointfive
26th Nov 2010, 04:31
Easy: The GCAA has passed the FAA audit. Supposedly zero findings.
No downgrade to category 2 - plain and simple.

Kapitanleutnant
28th Nov 2010, 16:45
From a mate of mine....

Mentioned these inspections given by the FAA take some time to digest and come out with an official report. So, no word yet. But one must wonder why EK suddenly started 2nd flights to both Houston and Los Angeles. Could be they were just "covering their bets" in case a downgrade did come about.

Just passing info along from a Yank mate.

K

Dropp the Pilot
28th Nov 2010, 16:52
Really, Mr. Mach, "no findings"?

You are being too modest by far. They didn't find any jingoists? No Chauvin? No Stakhanov? Were you perhaps on holidays that week?

MrMachfivepointfive
29th Nov 2010, 12:04
DTP - I guess you got my passport wrong. Other than that I am rumouring what I have heard. Not more - not less.

TangoUniform
29th Nov 2010, 13:57
4HP,
A professional pilot's rumour network (as per title)? As said before, some of the comments here are by "professionals"? I'm glad you are verifying all who post here. Easy mate.
TU